Thursday, March 21, 2013

HOW TO DEAL WITH RAW MALE ENERGY!

That was one of the interesting emails which greeted me when I opened up my computer this morning. Another was 'Are you ready to ignite your super-potential?' My answer to that is Yeah! Yeah! and Yeah! And there was more... 'Patricia Rule #18 - Blow your own Horn!'. Well, to be honest I do that on occasion to my detriment!! Ha ha. You see I was born in the Chinese year of the Rooster and let's just say...we Cock-a-doodle-do a Lot!! But hey! it's fun, and makes for an interesting life!

So how do you deal with raw male energy anyway? Frankly, I dunno and to be honest since I turned 50, it's not a problem I encounter on a daily basis...that's not to say it doesn't happen from time to time - i.e. parking tickets...ahem!!

I was inspired by 'Are you ready to ignite your super potential?' And the question now that Spring has sprung is 'Are you?'. I sure am. It is so inspiring to see the buds appearing once again on the trees, and the golden daffodils smiling back at me from the garden. I just love the fresh spring sunshine which fills my heart with hope and that feeling of rejuvenation that Springtime gifts me with. The fact my birthday is in March, and I get a new digit, and a brand new year adds extra fizz. I also renew my car tax and insurance this time of the year so it's all new beginnings...

I have found my 'perfect' Volunteer position. I had been considering some options as I felt in my heart that God had blessed me in abundance, and I wanted to give back. I had considered working with troubled and suicidal youth, but Kevin warned me "You're too soft" and he felt that I would get burnt out in no time at all. He knows me better than I know myself at times! I prayed that God would guide me to the perfect fit and Voila! it appeared. Such is the wisdom of our maker.

I love party planning and all that sort of stuff so now I volunteer to help with the social functions in our church. I've done a few so far and absolutely love them. There is such a feeling of warm community as everybody chips in. We help with christenings for folk that cannot afford to do them privately, and all sorts of occasions. I'm looking forward to another event next Tuesday and Saturday week. What I love is the huge variety of people you meet, and from interesting walks of life.

The girls gave me a copy of Pippa Middleton's acclaimed book 'Celebrate' for my birthday and I just love love love it! I know she was unfairly hammered by the press who said she was using her connections to further the book - but hey! who doesn't? I highly recommend Pippa's book to anybody who enjoys parties and celebrating life, the seasons, and all of life's milestones. It is a beautifully illustrated book loaded with wonderful recipes and useful tips for the hostess with the mostest...enthusiasm!! In a sentence 'Paradise in the palm of your hand'.

That's it for today my Polly Pals and keep doing what makes you happy!
Hey on that note, I have a sweet treat for you. Let your fingers take an amble over to Polly's Playlist and listen to Michael Buble's Divne new rhapsody...'It's a Beautiful Day'.  Enjoy!!

Choo Choo,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment