Monday, May 19, 2014

POLLY IS BACK!!

I brought Polly with me on holidays to Vegas, and since our return she will not shut up!! No, she's as high as a kite; must have been all those cowboys we met in Fremont. We are already planning the next trip...

We returned to a beautiful sunny Victoria, which compares favourably to Las Vegas...though for very different reasons. Instead of cowboys, we have gigolos here. What's the difference? Good question. 'Cowboy' is a negative term used in Ireland for men of ill repute. Hope that explains... Though I know the song "Save a horse ride a cowboy" does not do justice to the honourable cowboys who make a living rounding up cattle, and toiling in the great outdoors.

I love living in a  tourist destination. Last night Kevin and I became tourists in our own town. We dined in Earl's and later strolled down Government Street, along with the hundreds of visiting tourists.

We stopped for ice-cream in our favourite cafe, and sat in our own special seat, with a bird's eye view of the Empress Hotel and inner harbour. Licking our yummy ice cream cones, we enjoyed observing all the holidaymakers with happy smiles and cameras. The horses and carriages were kept busy with blushing brides and contented grooms.  Cash registers were busy cha-ching...ing, and the world was at peace.

The city was thronged because of the long Victoria Day weekend. Today there will be the annual parade, and we could not have had nicer weather. Luck is on our side. Kevin and I went to our beloved flea market yesterday, and returned with the car full of hanging baskets and flowers of every hue for the garden. While Kevin was busy getting the garden ready for summer, I had a ton of ironing to catch up on. The joys of life...

Energised by Vegas, I bulldozed my way into the wardrobe; banished all my winter clothes into the basement, and brought up all my bright, sunny, happy summer clothes. If the truth be known, I do prefer the summer colours. I spent hours and now my wardrobe is looking as happy as Pollyanna!

Colours of the same hue hang out together. My wardrobe is now a riot of colour  - lime greens, hot pinks, sunshine yellow, fuchsia, tangerine, midnight blue, snow white and flattering blacks. I did the same with the shoes, scarves and bags. I've never been this organized, and boy does it ever feel great. I just love the time it saves in the morning, and the joy it brings seeing everything look so cheerful. At the same time, I did a big clear out, and maybe that too will bring a smile to somebody's face.

That's it for now! Better fly to get the bathroom cleaned, and the bed made, and Lulu her walk, and the ten washes into the washing machine, and the dishwasher emptied, and the supermarket for tonight's supper, and the post off to mum, and...

Love you lots!!

Polly P xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment