Thursday, July 24, 2014

LIFE IS WONDERFUL...

If you're in the mood for it!!

Well, thanks be, I've been in the mindset for enjoying the goodies out there. Jupiter the happy planet has danced into my 6th house of work and health, and nice things have been happening. It's summer, so I felt I should appreciate the early morning sunshine, and rise and shine.

I changed my walking route from the rustic chip trail, with its gentle hills, and sweet smelling roses, to an ocean view, and it's absolutely beautiful...for a change of scene. It is only 5 mins in the car from our house to get to the Oak Bay Marina. I've noticed that if I do my daily walk - I always have a better day - always!!

For the summer, the Oak Bay Community have placed artistically painted pianos in random places, around the village, and seafront. There is a sign placed on each one which says 'Play Me'. Do they really mean it? If that is the case, I'd need to learn - quickly! Another thing on my bucket list...

Look all around you...read your Community News. I bet there are numerous free fun events to attend over summer, from open-air music events, to art exhibits, street dancing, etc. When I opened my eyes this July, I couldn't believe the vast array of freebies to choose from. We had 3 open air concerts on the lawns in Government House, an annual event held the first three Thursdays in July.

Last Saturday we had Salsa Dancing on the street near the Victoria Art Gallery. The music was supplied by a wonderful Latina group. It was all heart happy stuff. Lulu my chihuahua got up dancing and was chatted up by a hairy looking mongrel, and four Mexican students took her photo. She was a BIG hit!! Simple stuff, but most enjoyable. The annual Busker festival just replaced the Jazz festival...always something on. As long as you're in the mood...to EnJOY!!

I packed a picnic last week, and joined some friends for more free entertainment - on the beach this time. Music was supplied by the fabulous Irish family group 'The O'Brien's' - Daddy O'Brien leading, with his two sons and daughter. They were excellent, and people got up dancing on the grass by the beach - kids, grannies - just like an old fashioned wedding!! The delicious aroma of fries from a nearby Cafe, added to the Spanish holiday ambience.

Yeah, Summer is good, and the livin' is easy... Flea Market season is in full swing, and the weird thing is, I've never once caught a flea there!! Never Ever - only fabulous bargains!!

So, without further ado, get thee to a ...beach, picnic, dog dancing, flea market, farmer's market, consignment shop (Yeah!!) nothing like bargain hunting, musical - whatever makes your heart sing and dance. Don't think about it - Just do it!!

Something to chew chew on...

Love,

Patricia xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment