Monday, October 6, 2014

THE JUNGLE GYM

This morning I really didn't want to hit the gym. I needed a good excuse, but couldn't find one, so off I trotted. I made sure to loosen out before I left, and burnt 160 cals. on my treadmill in the basement beforehand. That was a good idea, because otherwise the drill can be body numbing.

When I signed up for fitness, I had no idea that I would also be getting a big dysfunctional family into the bargain. Truth is - I miss them if I don't see them. So that's a good thing!

I have my own secret names for the regulars. There is 'Aunty Ida' from France who curses in French when she gets frustrated. Like today, she was enraged when a sweaty body did not clean the seat after he was finished."Disgusting" she said, touching her crotch."They leave all this liquid behind from Timbuktu!"

Then there is Uncle 'Randy Andy' who has eyes for nothing but boobs and butts - of which there is a good selection to choose from. Little bro 'Harvey Hogger' who hogs a certain machine, and stands possessively around it, like Chichi does with her food bowl.

I have to be extra careful when cleaning my exercise mat, lest I squirt water on 'Delicate Denny'. I did it this morning ...oops! He threw me a nasty look that told me he hated the female race in general. "You wet me" he said with controlled anger in his voice. "Will I do it again? I wanted to tease. But I didn't. He looked like he could do with a bit of fun! Instead, I lied through my teeth "Oh! I'm dreadfully sorry".

'Ants in his pants' Alan is extremely impatient, and focused to win. "Do you mind if I slip in here for a few minutes. I'll be awfully fast" he says, before pushing somebody off their machine. He has his to-do list, and by golly he hits the target!

"That is why I detest the gym" Kevin tut tuts when I tell him tales from the jungle!

Toodlepip for now and happy new week!

Polly P xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment