Saturday, April 4, 2015

HAPPY SPRINGTIME AND EASTER TO YOU!








HAPPY SPRINGTIME AND EASTER TO ALL MY POLLY PALS!

A time of renewal, re-birth - and just ploughing through the pain!

I still miss my little kitchen companion Chichi every day, but there is nothing for it but to plough through the pain... She definitely was a master chef in another life. She loved her food, and the aroma of food being cooked was manna from heaven for her! Yesterday, when I opened a can of salmon, I winced in sadness, because there were no familiar little paws following me around, ready to lick the empty tin. She would lick the empty tin from one side of the kitchen to the other!!

The other thing Chichi loved was dirty laundry! When I would do the laundry, she loved to snuggle up in the middle of the soiled stuff. Once, I nearly threw her into the machine with the sheets!! She also loved her music and warmth. Every time I left the kitchen where she loved to be, I would turn the music on for her, preferably jazz, or easy listening - Chichi was an archetypal Taurus - in case you hadn't guessed! She loved her food, family, music, and comfort!

She was my trusty companion for more than a decade, guardian of the home, door bell when I was in the basement and did not hear the buzzer, Psychologist, when I needed somebody to confide in, hot water bottle on a cold day, companion when nobody else wanted to go for a walk, love nanny to the girls, etc. Who couldn't love a dog?

So, when Claudia told me she had a dream about Chichi last night, and that in the dream, Chichi was up to her eyeballs in ham, and delighted with herself - that was it! I knew I had to snap out of it! Since she passed away on Tuesday, she has appeared twice to us in dreams. The first night to me, letting me know she was happy, and then last night to Claudia. So, the sadness and loneliness I felt for her shifted. I decided to cheer up, and invite the Spring into our home. It is after all, a time of re-birth and renewal - and I do have a 20 year collection of Easter ornaments sitting idle in Holiday Hall in the basement! Just the process of decorating the place cheered us all up. When I saw the smiles appear on everybody's faces again - it was worth it!

Have a beautiful Spring and Easter. May it be a time of re-birth and renewal for you!

Hugs and Kisses,

Polly P xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment