Friday, February 1, 2013

READY STEADY GO!

When an opportunity to try something new knocks on my door - I never complain about the noise!

That's how I found myself in the midst of a group of women last night being hypnotised by a 'Master Hypnotist' Charles Borden. Why did I do it? Apart from being insane, I was curious. Curious to see if Charles of the Ritzy glitzy image could change my eating habits from lets say...'indulgent' to something more sensible like 'healthy'. I only want spare tyres in my car.

For two hours last night Charles of the silky smooth voice held us spellbound. I now have an imaginary t.v. channel in my head pleasantly called 'The Me Channel'. When I tune into this channel I see a perfect vision of myself and how I want to look, wearing the kind of clothes I like to wear, and being 'Perfectly Fit and Healthy'.

Before I got my own t.v. channel, I had to become a 'rag doll' for Charles and allow him enter the deep dark caverns of my mind. I had to become compliant, and let him take the lead. Being the good, obedient girl that I am, I did exactly that.

He wound me up before I left the room, and filled my head with orders. Orders such as 'I want you my cute little rag doll (not in so many words) to put 20% less food on your plate. I want you to use smaller plates, I want you to hydrate your body with at least 2 litres or 8 glasses of water a day. I want you to take pleasure in clearing out all those nasty old toxins from your body. Water I just love water now. I can see why one of our patients calls it 'Adam's Ale'. Stuff from Paradise...

Charles educated us ladies (no men there...wonder why?) on the importance of loving exercise. 'If you don't love it, you're not going to do it...our bodies are programmed for pleasure" he told us. I never would have guessed! Last but not least "When you go to the supermarket, I want you to just walk around the perimeters where all the good healthy food is". And he continued...

"I want you to imagine yourself eating and loving fruit and vegetables, chewing your food slowly and savouring each tiny morsel and loving fruit and vegetables and eating slowly and loving and savouring each tiny morsel...and eating smaller portions and loving fruit and vegetables and savouring each tiny morsel...and chewing your food slowly...over and over and over again until we 'got' the message.

"Next, go to your wardrobe. Pick out something you like to wear that is only 'slightly' tight. You will be encouraged when you fit into it with just a little effort on your part. From there, dig deeper into your wardrobe and pick something that is even tighter..." and you get the drift!

Putting Charlie's suggestions to the test, I went to the supermarket on the way home and yes you're right...I filled the fridge with fruit and vegetables Yeehaw!

"What the...? was the reaction when the family opened my new healthy fridge this morning. "Ma did he brainwash you?"  "On Valentine's Day instead of stuffing our faces with heart shaped candies" I told my shocked family "We will dip our little strawberries and pineapple into melted dark chocolate" Hmmm sounds delicious.

Kidding aside, I found last night informative and I was sitting beside a very nice lady I know from church. We exchanged e-mails and are going to chart our progress...you can do the same!

On that adventurous note Choo Choo for now!

Love you...loving you!

Patricia xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment