Friday, May 24, 2013

FAITH AND BEGORRAH!

God and St. Anthony came to my rescue again today. I owe them BIGTIME!

I lost my handbag. Yeps! It was definitely gone. I searched the car and house from head to toe - nearly got up on the roof, but no sign of it anywhere. This was serious. On the plus side, I found things I had been looking for before they grew legs. On the negative side - No Bag!

This was bad. I had to be up at the University in 30 mins. to collect Claudia, but before that, I had to get into the office to drop off some lunch for Kevin and then...visions of my forthcoming trip to Europe, with no visa card, or driving licence, or chequing card, or money...and I was that 'Train Wreck' I mentioned yesterday. Can you imagine?

What did I do? I turned off all noise, music, and intrusive thoughts. Went into solitary confinement for 5 mins. and simply prayed my guts out. I promised St. Anthony that if ever I had a grandson I would persuade my daughter to call him Anthony, or Tony for short. By the end of my session, I knew that God and St. Anthony would come to my rescue...as always. They also obliged me a few weeks ago when we couldn't find the keys of the condo, and the movers were waiting outside the door to get on the ferry, and we couldn't leave until we found the keys! St. Anthony obliged! Such is my faith, for which I would be lost without.

I don't usually like driving without a licence, ever since a Policeman stopped me once, and scolded me for not having my bag or my licence with me. He was right. I was wrong. I admitted defeat, and he let me off without a ticket. Driving without my licence felt the same as driving without a seat belt on - I felt vulnerable.

As I was walking into our office I found a large white feather on the ground. I took it up and knew then I'd find the bag. It was my angel feather and holding it in my hand, I prayed all the way up on the elevator. Got into the office, dropped Kevin's lunch off and Lo and Behold there was my baby bag waiting for me under my desk, in a place I don't usually leave it. We have cleaners in our office every evening. They could have taken it, but they didn't. Phew! That was a close call.

Prayer calms me in moments such as this. And once you stay calm, everything else will fall in place!

So when life become too hard to stand - KNEEL! Call on the 'Man Above' for solutions to life's sticky moments!

Choo Choo for now,

Patricia xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment