Thursday, December 18, 2014

ALL THINGS BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL

There is something about Christmas this year. Magical, for want of a more creative account. People want to celebrate. I think the past year - actually make that two, have been mighty stressful for a great many people. I hear the stories, and man they sure make you appreciate each day! It's all any of us have, and after you turn 50,  it's no longer a biological clock ticking - another tick tock takes over!!

Leaky condos or condoms become less of an issue - there, that got your attention! Kevin woke me up at an ungodly hour this morning talking about leaky condos, and I thought he said leaky condoms. A riot of laughter ensued! Maybe it is because for the past week I have been cleaning up pools of water in our kitchen. I was blaming poor blind Chichi in the wrong! Feel so guilty now. The dishwasher was the one at fault. Time to replace it.

I have some why's on my whine list today:-

Why does your dishwasher decide to take a vacation during the busiest time of the year??

Why does your Visa get hacked and compromised - just when you need it the most? Now it has to be cancelled, and a new one ordered while we round up the convicts who put me in this uncompromising position!

Why are plumbers so hard to find this time of year, and why, pray tell, does their fee per hour vary so much?? $75 per hour the first guy "Sorry I'm booking into the new year" while my wooden floor rots. $85 p.h. the next fellow, and he's booking into space. The third, and final guy was $95 per hour, plus $59 despatch fee to travel to your home. Surely a plumber is a plumber? or are some plumber than others?

Why did the electricity in my daughter's room decide to play tricks with me, a week before her return for Christmas? and why did the electrician I googled turn out to be insane? I could hear his cuss words downstairs in the kitchen, as he tried to fix the problem upstairs - but couldn't - and I still had to pay him! Just as he was in the height of his effing rampage upstairs, the dogs started barking ferociously "Ma get that lunatic out of our house" and he was roaring "How many dogs do you have?" and all the while the radio was blaring "It's the most wonderful time of the year..." Funny!

Last, but not least, why are all mistakes in shops overcharges, as opposed to undercharges? In the past 2 weeks, I have had 3 mistakes made, due to being overcharged, in amounts ranging between $14.99 down to $11.99. The bottom line for today is Check your receipts, and Check your Visa. Mistakes happen!

Hugs,

Polly P xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment