Monday, December 15, 2014

BUSINESS IS BOOMING AND GOD IS GOOD!

I dunno where the time has gone since last I wrote! Actually, I do. I was shopping, shopping, and then some. I have sent off all my Christmas cards (approx. 80), thrown in a few great parties, decorated my home with gusto - and still not finished! Had two great sessions with the Bingo calling at 'Our Place' homeless shelter, and due to the popularity, it will become a weekly event - Yay! best fun ever!!

I just love Christmas, and my favourite party so far was actually at my church last Saturday, a week ago. It was to honour Our Lady. As you may, or may not know, I'm a big fan. We began with the rosary, followed by prayers of devotion. Then it was Parteeee time! It was a pot luck event, so everybody brought fabulously delicious International dishes, from all around the globe. I am addicted to those Philippine spring rolls. They are magical. I could never re-create them. Rita, the head of our group is of German origin, and concocted a most delicious creamy chicken dish - it was 'yumticious'.

Later, a local native Indian group sang Christmas songs in their native tongue, as did a group from Korea. Then a little boy (aged 8) played his guitar and sang the Beatle's song 'Let it be'..."When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me...". He was so pure and innocent, and sang with such heart, I could feel the tears misting up my eyes. I left the event with my heart singing, and my tummy mighty happy too! That is why I say 'God is Good'.

We had our TOPS luncheon on Friday, and the girls loved my pep talk. But hey! for Christmas TOPS has become POPS...putting on the pounds satisfactorily!! Wherever I go, food is there before me, and, needless to say - has a great welcome!! We have a forthcoming family trip to Cuba in February d.v. so I will have to get that bikini bod looking good! An incentive, if ever.

What has made Christmas 2014 very special for me, has been the introduction of my first Advent wreath. I never did one before, and Dah! what was I thinking??? I did the calendar with the mini chocs and meaningful messages tucked inside, but it is not the same. The simplicity of the wreath re-inforces for me, the true meaning of the season.

The highlight of my daily ritual is when everybody is tucked up cosily in bed, I light my advent candles, and have a moment of bliss, reflecting on the day, and life in general. I read a page from 'Advent - a Calendar of Devotions 2014', by James W. Moore, which I would highly recommend. It was only $1.49, and full of daily inspiration. Lulu my chihuahua is part of the evening ritual. She tucks into me on the couch, snoring happily, adding to my comfort. The lights on the tree twinkle merrily, and the sweet aroma of fresh balsam permeates the air...I'm in Christmas Heaven!!

Hugs,

Polly P xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment