Sunday, August 25, 2013

IT'S ALL GOOD!

The radio was on when I awoke this morning, still half asleep my ears were once again assaulted - this time with all the horrific accounts from Syria, Egypt and Iraq. And then the sad story about the Irish girl Michaela and her Scottish friend who were caught smuggling drugs in Lima, Peru, and now are left to rot in a prison in Peru until they reach menopause...or longer - perish the thought! And they are only kids - aged 20! How one stupid mistake can destroy a life. These girls are only the same age as my kids. Sure, what they did was silly, stupid and wrong, but when you're young, you do get caught up in silly things, and life is an adventure, and your brain is ever-developing. They said they did it because they were put under pressure by people they owed money to - $4,000! If they had only phoned their parents...!!

That is why my brain decided to BLOCK OUT the sad news, and focus on the more entertaining stuff life Rory Mcllroy's response to reporters when asked if it was true that he and girlfriend Caroline Wozniacki had split "It's all good" was his response. Sure Rory - all good for you? or for Caroline? I fear Rory is going to be another serial heart breaker like George Clooney. By far the happiest news I heard today was the possibility that Fergie and Andy may be getting back together, for good this time. I really hope so; never understood why they broke up in the first place, as they have always been the best of buddies. O.K. now I remember... she was caught having her toes sucked by her publicist and then the Queen kicked her out, and Andy was called 'Randy'. I guess with good reason.

 Some other bit of celebrity gossip... did you see what Cheryl Cole has done to her backside? It looks quite rosy and very sore. It took 14 hours to complete. She has covered all her posterior in a fairly aggressive looking tattoo. Check it out!

Next, I was serenaded by Robin Thicke singing 'I know you want it...I know you want it...you're a good girl...' Listening to it must have given Kevin a great idea, because the first words out of his mouth were..."Let's go to the Flea Market" Yeah!!!!! 'You know I want it Kevin...a trip to the flea market...you must be psychic!!'

Best day ever at the market...enjoyed chatting with different people. My favourite table today was the crystals and gemstones. I got chatting with another fellow pisces and we joked about our fascination with all things mystical and sparkly. I loved her outfit and noticed her earlier in the day. Kevin bought 20 cds for $5.00. I got a cute pink leash for Lulu. It was still in the packet. The vendor gave me a bagfull of treats for $15, which included Lulu's leash and two hand bag charms; one which said 'Be Happy...Think Happy thoughts' and another with the words 'Follow your Heart' my sentiments precisely! You just never know what you'll find at the flea market.

Later, we headed to Starbucks for our Sunday treat, followed by a trip to Walmart to see the garden stuff. It was SO sweet watching the children and parents going around with their huge school lists in hand. I remember this time of year so well and how lonely I used to be when the girls were going back to school...We found a great microwave for the Vancouver condo at London Drugs. They have a great sale going on there at the moment. And finally, to top off a lovely Sunday, we went to see a truly bizarre movie called 'The World's End'. It is a British science fiction comedy. Twenty years after attempting an epic pub crawl, 5 childhood friends reunite in the hopes of finally
completing it! I will not give any more away. Check it out. I'm speechless...dunno what to think about it other than the fact it was truly BEEZAAR and lots of blue blood... It was all about Dr.Ink!! get it??

Here's to a great week ahead for everybody, and to the speedy completion of our renos!! They have outstayed their welcome.

Choo Choo for now,

Love,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment