Thursday, August 29, 2013

GRATITUDE

Gratitude is the greatest power on earth. It's the big buzz word at the moment. Everybody from Oprah to Eckhart Tolle are extolling the virtue of appreciation, and the importance of keeping a gratitude journal, and filling it out each day. I've been doing this 'religiously'.

Yes, I got myself a gorgeous glittery diary from Claire's last Christmas and only found it stashed away in a closet recently. So out I resurrected it. I even plastered the cover with happy faces, because it is a well known fact that the sight of happy faces raises our tolerance level, and even makes us happier. Who would have known? Well, actually that's an easy one to guess! Happy face - get it?

I made a commitment to NEVER discuss the crappy stuff in my gratitude journal. No, that's not permitted, and besides, it would take the good out of the experience of recalling only the days pleasures, of which there are always a few. Our happy task is to remember them, and not let the nasty ones take over! Focus on the positive - positively energizing!

At day's end as I'm winding down with my sleepytime tea, gazing at the picture of the cozy bear on the cover, sitting on his soft armchair in front of a big roaring fire, I recall the day just lived, and thank the good Lord for all the pleasant experiences - it might be as simple as a compliment from a stranger, or the smile of appreciation I got from a little girl the other day. I won a free bar of chocolate in the supermarket, so I gave her my ticket. That same day I won a free lotto ticket - what goes around comes around!!

So get that gratitude journal out and see what happens!

Choo Choo for now,

Love,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment