Friday, October 25, 2013

MUSIC SWEEEET SWEEEET MUSIC!

The best thing I've done recently was to join the 'Joy of Life Choir'. My friend Anita who invited me was very reassuring. "You don't need to sing; just move your mouth!" Perfect. It sounded fun and no 'American Idol' type auditions either. The only thing I had to do was learn the words of the four songs we will be performing. 'She loves me like a rock' by Paul Simon, 'Accentuate the Positive', 'Jesus is on the mainline' and the last song is 'Swing low sweet Chariot'.

All our songs are gospel-style with a blues twist which I love. We clap our hands and sing aloud and it's actually a lot of fun and really therapeutic. I think we laugh more than sing! Our choir master Daniel, is totally eccentric and a brilliant musician. He can play any instrument and to hear him on the piano is a joy. He is also a master fiddler. You can tell he loves his music and his enthusiasm is infectious. He comes from a French Cajun background.

Our first mini concert is next Wednesday, and in the meantime I'm driving everybody nuts singing aloud the words of one of the songs 'You gotta accentuate the Positive eliminate the Negative...'. I have sent you Bette Midler and Bing Crosby's version of the song. Just let your fingers dance over to Polly's Playlist. It's such a fun song and I use it a lot in my daily life!

When Chichi has just done a u-no-whot on my best rug, I break into song...You gotta accentuate the positive...Blind or not - she's still up to her old tricks! When the paint began to peel off my newly painted deck...I pulled out my song. It helped. Now the painters have to come back in the Spring to re-do it with an oil based paint. Still it could have been worse - what if the newly built pillars supporting the house collapsed - God forbid!! You gotta accent-two-ate the positive. Right?

Gotta fly...somebody's at the door!

Talk Soon,

Love,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment