Sunday, October 6, 2013

THE WEEK THAT WAS...

It was weird, wild and positively energetic. Monday zumba zumba zumba...Tuesday it was a case of mind-over-matter - twice. Firstly, my instructor at the gym and I got into a discussion about lifting a 45 lb. weight. I told her I could never ever lift a 45 lb. weight. She said 'Try it'. I did, and I was correct, I couldn't budge it. Then she lifted it, and challenged me to try it once more. 'You can do it' she said yet again. Seeing this tiny little woman lifting a 45 lb. weight made me think twice about it. So yes, I attempted to lift it and Yeah! I did it the second time 'Mind over matter' she said with a big 'told-you-so' grin on her face.

That evening I went to an 'Inner Peace Movement' talk with my friend Anita. The lady speaking challenged four people to elevate an adult woman using just our forefingers. And because I happened to be in the front row, she looked straight down at me. So up I went to the stage, along with 3 other ladies. One woman sat on a chair, and the four of us had to lift her, using only our two index fingers. The first time we attempted it, we got just a laugh from the audience - nothing more - and nothing less happened. Then we were told to concentrate - really concentrate - and try again "Mind over matter Ladies". Remembering my experience with the 45 lb. weight I really focused on the task at hand and Yipee! we all did it the second time. We raised the woman completely off the ground using just our forefingers - Magic!!

Just to think I have lifted a 45 lb. weight at the gym, and raised a woman off the ground with my fingers - and still, I have difficulty lifting a full laundry basket from my bedroom to the kitchen!! Mind-over-matter would you think?

Wednesday, I rose to yet another challenge. My friend Anita invited me to join her 'Joy of Life' Choir. You sing happy songs and then perform a few concerts for seniors, Christmas concert, etc. I said yes as I find it hard to say no to friendly challenges. So there I was, singing along as a Soprano on Wednesday night. So much fun. One of the songs we were learning went like this...

'You gotta accent...tuate...the positive...E...liminate the negative...and don't mess with mister in...between!

Don't you love it? So Pollyanna...ish!!

Thursday I stayed home to look after my loved ones.

Friday, I went out again to a singing Cafe, where we were entertained to a wonderful evening of music in the James' Bay Bookship/Cafe, Victoria. Wonderful! Now that I am in a choir, I need to surround myself with music lol!! That's my excuse.

Saturday, I rested up and caught up with chores and spoke to Mum on the Skype. It was weird but I think she enjoyed it. I brought her outside the house to show her our new paint colour which she loved, and then the computer conked out! You're not supposed to go outside with it! We re-connected and then I brought her around our home which she has never seen. She loved it. Isn't technology incredible! Weird, but amazing all at the same time.

That evening, I found myself wrestling with a cooked lobster at a Lobsterfest held at Claudia's restaurant 'Earl's'. Kevin, Ali, Victoria and I all went. Vegetarian Victoria was HORRIFIED and DISGUSTED to see her parents like savages, donning big plastic bibs, and tearing apart a poor lobster - guts, blood and mess everywhere. It was the first, - and the last time - I shall ever do that again. The sight of blood clots inside the poor lobster, and the thought of him screaming beforehand...never ever ever ever again! I felt sick afterwards. But Earl's - as always - was a fabulous fun place to visit.

Sunday - today K and I watched 'Simply Come Dancing' on the t.v. Went to mass, and later went out to the Nurseries looking for late summer plants for the garden. Weather was glorious yesterday and today. I started putting up my Fall decorations. I was thrilled to find a fab. designer at 'Chintz' who put together an amazing Fall Wreath for me for the front door. (she is English and her name is Sandra). She told me she has clients who bring back their wreath between seasons, and she re-designs them, and gives you back the flowers each time. Amazingly creative woman.

Later, I was back at the James' Bay Cafe, for a tea cup reading this time. We ended up just chatting and skipped the tea cup reading as we were enjoying the chat. I was joined by my New Zealand friend Anita, and a very interesting friend of hers, Paulo, who is of English/French ancestry with an Italian name. We are all in the 'Joy of Life' choir.

So that's the week that was...Fun!

This weekend coming is Canadian Thanksgiving, so we hope to go to Vancouver and I dunno if it will be a turkey filled weekend...not sure yet??

Will touch base again this week d.v.

Choo Choo for now and have fun wherever you are!

Love,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment