Monday, September 30, 2013

BLAME IT ON THE CAT!

Cats, if they are doing their job correctly, are supposed to lower the blood pressure. Alas, that was not the case last Friday! Far from it...

Wearing my Martha Stewart hat, I was busy bringing down all my summer clothes to the basement, and returning upstairs with my autumn/winter collection. All my winter pashminas, scarves, hats and gloves had been carefully stored in a cosy linen containter over the summer. When I opened it up on Friday, the stench of cat pee almost knocked me the ground. My Tessa had obviously relieved herself on the container and it leaked through. Aagh I was fit to be tied! I had to wash everything again and again and again! Tessa was nowhere to be found...just as well! I'd have skinned her.

I turned on the tap in the upstairs pantry room sink to steep the smellier items. Just then the phone rang. It was Kevin wanting me to pick him up as he needed to talk to the fellow working on our drains...so out I go to collect him. Fortunately, our office is only a stone's throw away from our house. When we got back Kevin noticed water pouring out from the room off our kitchen. It was a few inches high. I had left the tap on!! I do not recommend multi-tasking. Martha Stewart can have her hat back. It didn't fit right!

Buckets of water had to be removed from the presses. All the china had to be taken out piece by piece, as the water had poured in. Dozens of towels had to be used to soak up all the water. Now I know what it feels like to be flooded. Not nice. "At least it wasn't your photographs mum" Ali said by way of consolation.

As I was in the middle of wringing out a towel, I saw a massive spider in the sink. I let out a roar. This was the final straw! As I looked closer, I saw he was one of my Halloween spiders which I use to scare others. Now the little monster was scaring me. Serves me right. Where did he come from?

Just to think all this massive destruction - which took me all weekend to clean up after - could have been avoided, if Tessa had been a good cat - and urinated in her litter box - like she is supposed to do!

Ah...Just like the cat... Happiness has it good days and bad days!

Choo Choo for now,

Love,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment