Sunday, September 15, 2013

HAPPY DAYS!

Today was wet, wild and positively whacky!! When I was in town I saw a skateboarder crashing into a fast food delivery vehicle. She could have been badly hurt, but thankfully she wasn't. The driver of the car was more shaken than she was. Next, I witness this huge fight going on between two irate motorists who had also crashed into each other 'F**k back to your own country' one irate fellow was saying to the other as a street audience began to converge. No, it wasn't a movie - this was for real! The more irate of the two was reversing out from his space (having effed and blinded until all around were fully educated on eff words) and so irate was he, he then nearly crashed into another car. Horns began honking and honking and honking...

I continued on my mission as it was nearly closing time and I had to collect a pair of earrings I had left in to be fixed at the bead store. The bead store on Johnson street is Victoria's best kept secret. I buy old jewellery from flea markets and Lori magically designs and transforms them into fabulous bling for next to nothing. They string broken pearls, fix any kind of jewellery, design and make rosary beads - you name it they do it! Since bling is my thing, I love this shop. They bring in fantastic gems and rocks from all over the world. Two sisters Lori and Susan run the business and I enjoy going in for a chat when I pass their door. I was telling them about the two incidents and that the world outside was mad today. Susan's reaction was "So that explains why everybody was so weird and feisty today!"

As I was returning to my car, I had to cross a street walkway. Two cars were coming towards me. One stopped to allow me to cross over. But the other one was going SO fast he could not stop and nearly brought me along for the ride - on his windscreen!! He missed me by about a quarter of an inch.

Shaken but not entirely stirred, as soon as I got home I had to see what the frickin' hell was going on up above in the planet world and Yes! you guessed it WW3! - Mars and Mercury are not on friendly terms at the moment (understatement). Mercury is the God of communications (cars, etc.) and as we all know - Mars is the God of War!! So that explains why motorists were going nutz!! The big news is that the planetary war will continue for another few days. My advice to myself as I prepare to meet my Project Manager tomorrow to protest at the way our reno budget is way-over, is to 'Zip the Lip' and bite my tongue if I need to. The next few days - for all of us - calls for 'Patience'. Talk about patience, I have to share a joke I saw on the internet today about patience -

'Be Patient - even a toilet seat can only handle one ass hole at a time!'

So, with all this consternation going on in the world why the title 'Happy Days?'. I decided we all need a laugh today...

So, without further ado...let your dainty little fingers dance over to 'POLLY'S PLAYLIST' and see what a treat I have in store for you!! It is an Irish family group called 'Crystal Swing' performing their rendition of 'Happy Days'. In real life Candy Boo Boo is the daughter, Rockin' Ricky is her brother and their mother is Ms. Humming-bottom.
I just love this group!

Enjoy! and check out Crystal Swing's other fun songs on You Tube.

Choo Choo for now and 'Zip the Lip' over the next few days!

Love,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment