Saturday, September 7, 2013

ONE HUNDRED YEARS FROM NOW...

"Do you want to make a time capsule to stick in this pillar?" Bill my beloved builder asked me the other day "This pillar isn't going anywhere for another hundred years at least" he said with a smile...'we hope' says I under my breath. They sure cost enough to rebuild! Then it got me thinking...why not!

It was such a strange sensation wondering who was going to be living in my home one hundred years from now? Who was going to open this time capsule I had made? Where will I be? Where will any of us be one hundred years from now? One thing is for sure, the worries we have today will no longer be our concerns 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 or 100 years from now! Something to hope for eh.

So with great care, I put together a little love package for the future dwellers of 1007 Joan Crescent. In it I put some coins, a luck of the Irish card, a blessed medal, card with information on our family and wishing them luck. I also put in a St. Michael's medal to keep the devil away, and also the St. Michael's prayer to ward off evil.

Bill's assisstant Brian carefully taped it to the inside of the pillar before it was encased in concrete. Sealed forever and a day. Every time I look at those pillars, I will be thinking of the little time capsule inside. Weird is the only way to describe how I feel about it all. The transience of life and all that...

Apart from the message inside the pillar, I got to thinking about what else I want to leave behind me for others to enjoy and I wrote my bucket list. It's top secret, but it was fun to do. What do you want to leave behind for others to enjoy? Kind actions? a book? beautiful garden? art work? Loving family with treasured memories of you? family recipes?

Something to choo choo on!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Love,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment