Saturday, September 21, 2013

ARE WE BECOMING OBSESSED?

I think I was on Day 2 of the '21 Days to a New You', when I decided flip this! I no longer want to one of the obsessives. It's true what somebody once said - Seize the day...think of all those ladies on the Titanic ship who declined the dessert trolley!

I was walking on the chip trail the other day and enjoying the nice sunshine. The ducks were paddling on the pond, birds were humming, luscious ripe berries were waiting for me on the bushes. Everything was perfect...until the Running Humanoids entered! The joggers began to pant and sweat their way past me and of course because they were running, their conversations were loud and easily heard. Every single word from every jogger mouth was - you guessed correctly - it was about FOOD PORTION CONTROL!! "Oh ma gosh I was at a party and when the plate arrived I was thinking about the portions" one runner said to the other. But did you enjoy the party and the food? I wanted to ask her. Long ago we never used to beat ourselves up about this. Parties were to be enjoyed and not guilt trips waiting to happen. Then somebody else walks past me talking about the positive effects of green ginger tea, especially when you felt sick - well at least that was a useful bit of information.

I go home and turn on the t.v. with my breakfast and yes! more health stuff and Dr. skinny Oz helping us beat life threatening diseases... and Dr. Phil helping us keep mentally healthy...I switch channels and Yes! more ads for erectile dysfunction, which thankfully I don't suffer from, and then I change channel for the second time, so I can enjoy my breakfast - more ads for food, pills, weight loss miracles, and the list goes on...!! I decided to switch it off, so I could really enjoy my breakfast of fried eggs, bacon, sausages, black and white pudding, hash browns, and butter baked beans - in your dreams Patricia!! No my sad breakfast was natural yoghurt, 2 tbs. of ground flaxseed, fruit - They got me! I've been sucked into the department of Obsessives - I've become ONE!!

ENUFF says I to myself. We are becomming obsessed with being obsessively perfect. We are missing out on life, and beating ourselves up in the meantime. There is life to be lived, shirts to be ironed, donuts with cream and jam to be eaten, dogs to be walked, fish 'n greasy chips to be enjoyed, life to be lived. The Media need to get off our case and let us just BE!

Like if you agree with me! Now I must go and walk those little mutts before they soil that carpet.

Carpe Diem!!

Love,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment