Monday, September 16, 2013

21 DAYS TO A NEW YOU!

They say it takes just 21 days of consistent good behaviour to form a habit. I suspect dogged persistence and steely determination are also par for the course! I returned to my T.O.P.S (taking off pounds sensibly) group on Friday and they welcomed me back with open arms and weighing scale!! They are such a lovely bunch of ladies.

I also signed up for an 8 week fitness class starting on Tuesday at my local rec. centre. It will be twice a week plus my Zumba on Monday evenings. Also over the winter I will be doing a meditation class...so you can see I will be giving my couch and the t.v. a bit of a break!! God loves a trier. I noticed a bit of a dent developing on my side of the couch...not a good sign. So it's goodbye couch and goodby t.v. (well not exactly...more like see you later alligator!)

Dang! I just discovered my Zumba classes clash with the 'Dancing with the Stars' which starts tonight. No...I shall be good. I enjoyed the Zumba and I think the DWTS is also on later in the week. Life is about choices...hard choices...but you've got to 'Focus to Win'...right?

I am now wearing my good intentions on my wrist and so far so good! When I was in Value Village I found one of those rubber bracelets with the words 'Believe' and 'Hope' written on it. It is twice the size of the usual bracelets and in vibrant rainbow colours. So far it has brought a smile to many people's faces and stops me in my tracks when I go to the fridge for a double-dip! The bracelet is so visible it makes me stop...Believe I can overcome the hunger pang...and Hope for more self-discipline. The best 99 cents worth ever!

If you need a gentle reminder to keep you on track...try the bracelet idea. So far it is working for me.

Talk Soon!

Love,

Patricia xxx

  

No comments:

Post a Comment