Thursday, September 26, 2013

AT LAST MY SUNSHINE VILLA!


It is widely known that 'Patience is the Mother of Miracles' (well actually it's Persistence) but it's the same difference...right? So, thanks be to God and his blessed mother they finished the two front pillars today - after me nagging them like the shrew that I am, otherwise I'd have two unpainted pillars until next Spring. The minute the painters finished them I got Ali to quickly get her camera to catch the last of the summer sunshine today. They are calling for rain over the next few days (a Canadian expression). I often used to wonder who is calling for rain or snow or sunshine? But rain or shine my lovely sunny happy 'Sunshine Villa' brings a smile to my face and my heart. It was worth all the last few weeks of groaning..will they ever finish??

Just in time for Halloween! I did not get to clean the front porch yet...I had to grab the camera before the sun went into winter hibernation!!
This is my very favourite outdoor room. I am not allowed to put the porch furniture back for another two weeks. Twenty eight days to be precise, so Tyler my painter said "Not a day before!" I think he is being too careful. The furniture is screaming to be let back onto the porch.

Oops! I should have opened the blinds and the curtains. I was in too much of a hurry to get the photos before it got dark. The windows do look messy and Kevin's office on the extreme left is not missing a blind as it looks. That's Vicky's room with the little porch. Sweet to sit out on it.


Doesn't my mellow yellow house make you think of custard and butter and all things yummy and sunny? I was inspired when visiting Lake Como this summer. This colour is particularly popular over in Italy...wishful thinking!!


Getting the last rays of summer...Halloween is on it's merry way!! Soon I'll have happy witches hanging from the rafters...5 to be precise!
The side view showing a garden that has been badly mistreated by builders and roofers this past summer. It's in dire need of some TLC!
                                                     HOME SWEET HOME!!
                                                      WELCOME ONE AND ALL!!




Jee the porch looks filthy!! Pardon will have to wash it tomorrow.


If you want to see what 'Sunshine Villa' looked like before, scroll down to renovation hell!! I was suggesting to the girls we should have a Yellow House party and invite all the neighbours and people around who have a yellow house...would be fun!! There are some very interesting yellow homes around Victoria. Naturally, my eye is now drawn to all things yellow. I have been wearing yellow a lot and yesterday a patient jokingly put his hands up to his eyes ...agh he was blinded by the light! He is a Welshman with a good sense of humour.

Must go wash the porch...only joking!! The rain will wash it for me tomorrow haha.

Bye for now,

Love,

Patricia xxx










No comments:

Post a Comment