Tuesday, September 10, 2013

ZUMBA ZUMBA ZUMBA!!!

Zumba Zumba Zumba...I took the bull by the horns as it were and joined up for weekly Zumba classes which began last night. Our instructor was a teeny tiny little Japanese Cheerleader who resembled Zlata the world's bendiest woman. The things that girl could do with her body! She danced non-stop for a full hour and I was in awe looking at her from behind. There is no way I could ever hope to come even near Zlata's Zumba level. I wisely stood at the back of the room with the other dance dunces. By the time the class was finished, I could barely walk to the car.

I would give up chocolate...but I'm not a quitter haha!!, which is why I've decided to Zumba my way to fitness, and get energized for the dancing classes I hope to do with Kevin. I have warned him...so he knows it's coming!! He'll have to get out those dance shoes. The two of us just love watching 'Come Dancing' and 'Dancing with the Stars'. This year I'll be rooting for Valerie Harper who used to play the part of 'Rhoda'. She has brain cancer and was sadly only given a few months to live. Miraculously, her cancer is currently in remission so she is taking the dancing challenge. Good for her.

Because of the zumba last night I could barely walk the chip trail this morning...well I could walk, but not run, unfortunately. I found myself chasing a car but couldn't keep up with it. A harried mother was rushing to the nursery with her little baby this morning and passed me by in her car. Next thing this orange bag fell from her car and out of the bag all the baby's supplies for the day came tumbling - diapers, feeding bowls, bottles, etc. That poor mother must have been so rushed she drove off with the diaper bag on the car and not in the car! Poor thing, I felt so sorry for her. Imangine how she must have been when she got to the daycare and no diaper bag! Maybe if I hadn't been doing the zumba, I could have caught up with her speeding car...no I don't think so!

The lesson I learnt today - three times in fact - was 'Less haste more speed'. Everything comes back to being in the 'Now'. When I'm not 'fully engaged', I drive in the wrong direction and have to backtrack. Brian the carpenter's assistant was to clean the windows for me today, before putting up the storm windows but he was rushing and didn't do it, now tomorrow he has to backtrack and clean the windows! When I'm rushing, just like that poor mum this morning, I always forget something and have to return home for it...Even though we all know that to be true, we still leave things to the last minute, still don't leave on time, still let our minds wander when we're driving...still let small things bother us...Maybe we're all just suckers for punishement - eh? Twenty one days is all it takes to change our habits...I can never make it to the 21st day. I'm currently on Day 2 of my good habits!!
Something to choo choo on!!
Love,
Patricia xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment