Monday, August 25, 2014

THE KINDNESS BOOMERANG...IT COMES BACK TO YOU!

Now that summer is nearly over, and the shops are full of Thanksgiving turkey stuff, and Halloween cards, they're selling off bikinis and beach stuff for nothing - depressing!! Where did summer go?

Kevin and I decided to head off to the flea market in Langford yesterday, for a last hurrah spending spree. As always, we were filled with anticipation for stuff we really didn't need. Besides, it's SO much fun out there, and the traders are really nice and good humoured. I was thrilled to bits to find my Halloween costume for the princely sum of $3!! I offered the lady $5. I felt $3 was way too little. She was delighted. What, you may ask did I find for $3 to wear at Halloween? She told me I would be 'Priscilla the Desert Princess', so I shall keep you in suspense...suffice to say there is a lot of red and purple in it - and glitter - and fur!! and fleas!! One bit me...aagh!!!

As I was walking past one stall, I overheard a little boy ask a trader "Mister what price is that bicycle over there?" "$20" the man replied. The little boy was very poor looking, and went off with his little shoulders hunched. I could tell he really wanted the bicycle, but could not afford it. A voice inside my head said "get it for him". In an instant, I ran after the little fellow. His dad was waiting for him. They both looked really poor. I gave the little boy the $20 to buy the bicycle. He could not believe his eyes and gave me the biggest smile and ran over for the bike. His dad gave me a special smile which said it all.

I can assure you if I had to buy my Halloween costume anywhere else I would have paid far more than $3 for it!! and far less satisfied, so I could afford to be generous.

After our adventures at the flea market, we headed back into town. We had to post a parcel which turned out to be half the price we had anticipated it would cost. Then after lunch, Kevin surprised me with a scratch card. I ended up winning $14 on it!

The moral of the story - You give some - You get some back!! and the real moral of the story is:

God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment