Sunday, August 31, 2014

MY LEAVE-ME-NEVER FRIEND!

Yeps, we're back again. It's Labour day weekend here in Canada. A visit to our urban cottage in Vancouver was definitely on the cards. I love coming over here for a good boost of positive energy. It's a city where it is decidedly easy to accentuate the positive, and eeeeeliminate the negative in your life. You just simply breathe in all the action. It's an Aries city - no surprise!!

Yesterday morning, in a valiant effort to be good on the exercise, I pinned the condo key to my t-shirt, donned a pair of runners, plonked the head phones over my ears, turned on the music, and away I went for a great long walk. The shoes took me past shops and aromatic bistros, all the way down to English Bay, the epicentre of Vancouver life. The whole world was out walking, running, chatting on benches, people-watching, smiling, happy. I strutted away along the sunny seafront, delighted when the beads of sweat reassured me I was doing a fine job. Yes, I had the customary zeal of a convert...(that was before the feast later on!!)

When power walking, I usually like to listen to rebel songs, or disco. Sometimes, I do a little dance, or sing along, and illicit a rather peculiar expression from passers by. As I was listening to U2 belting out one of my favourite songs 'Sunday, Bloody Sunday' (It's a fabulous song for walking), I spied this enormous seagull on the beach, with an equally ginormous fish in its mouth. The poor fish had seen its better days. I have no idea where the gull could have found such a beauty. It looked like a flatfish, and the sight of the two of them at war, while listening to U2's 'Sunday, Bloody Sunday' brought to mind - of all things - the 'Big Brother' show currently on t.v. This show is a metaphor for life - and not a good one. Most unfortunately.

Can you trust anyone these days? It would appear not. Between 'Big Brother', 'The Amazing Race' (where people u-turn their friends), and too-much Reality t.v. shows, like 'The Housewives of New York' - Beverly Hills - Orange County - it doesn't really matter where they originate, they're all Beeatches - and proudly so!!

The moral of today's story is...Yes, there is one person you can always trust. GOD!

On this beautiful sunny Sunday morning, give glory to God. It is the one friendship that will never let you down...never ever in a month of Sundays! He is my 'forever friend' - my leave-me-never friend - and he is yours too!

On that happy note, bye for now, and have fun wherever you may be!

Love,

Polly P xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment