Thursday, December 5, 2013

FIVE DAYS TO GO!!

There is nobody to blame but me, myself, and a little piggy. Three weeks ago I discovered the most amazing toe-tingling, finger-lickin' delicious dark chocolate peppermint bark. It's a Christmas special, and it's soooo good! I have been buying it by the truckload to give to friends. But since Christmas is still a few weeks away, the boxes have been diminishing, and my waist expanding. Now, I have just 5 days to squeeze into my LBD. It's not looking good. And, I have 5 days to learn 5 new songs before our concert with the Canadian Tenors next Tuesday.

I should be breaking out in a sweat - I deserve to. My pal Anita winked at me last night at rehearsal, and whispered into my feverish ear "don't worry - it all comes together in the end!" I know she's right and besides, I'm excited to do something new - 'Feel the fear and do it anyhow!' I'll let you know how it goes...

Food is all around...every sight and every sound...I have a Christmas party on Saturday and a 91st birthday on Sunday. Actually, that's a happy story. My Irish widow friend Noelle, is turning 91. She is madly in love again, and has invited her 93 year old boyfriend to the party. It promises to be a wild party. The nice thing for them is they don't have to practise safe sex any more (TMI!). I guess that's one perk of getting old - let's just say the only perk!  Do I hear wedding bells?...it's looking good. At 91, this woman has more go in her than women half her age. She met the new fellow in her retirement apartment, and love blossomed...sweet. It's never too late!!

I have been listening to Christmas music 24/7 for the past three weeks, and must admit, it's getting to me...just an itsy bitsy bit. Overkill? Perhaps. I blame the music for all that peppermint bark I consumed. "We're way ahead of ourselves this year" Kevin remarked the other day, and he's right. I've spent so much on Christmas decorations over the years - I like to get full use from them and to savour every precious moment. Besides, I'm a retailer's dream customer. If they are nice to me, or look as if they have 12 starving children at home, I'll buy something from them.

I did that the other day with a sweet Russian girl I met. She was standing at a butt freezing kiosk trying to sell nail stuff. My heart went out to her - she could have been my daughter, and may have been trying to escape prostitution on the mean streets of Moscow...or so I wildly imagined. She gave me two kits for the price of one - and guess what? It's brilliant. My nails have never looked so good. People keep remarking at how nice they are looking. So there you have it. And I just felt sorry for her...goes to show. One good turn leads to another...two presents for the price of one!

On that happy note,

Choo Choo for now!

Love,

Patricia xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment