Monday, December 9, 2013

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DEAR DADDY!



Dear Daddy,

It is a year today since you left us. I hope that your arrival in heaven was as peaceful as your departure this end. We miss you so much, and not a day goes by that we don't think about you. Your memory will remain forever in our hearts. I know you read my blog in heaven - so this one is especially dedicated to you!

The best thing I did was put your photo in almost every room in our house. That way I see your lovely smiling face everywhere I go! I still cannot look at it too closely, as the tears well up. 365 days is not enough time to fill the void you left behind. I think you like my kitchen the most, and I know you enjoy watching me cook, and pottering around the place. Nobody - absolutely nobody - can cook bacon and cabbage like you!

Just like Nelson Mandela who died recently, you too left a wonderful legacy of love behind. Interestingly, Nelson Mandela's birthday was four days before yours, and he died four days before your anniversary! Two wonderful, loving, and kind-hearted men you were...Hope you'll show him around, and make him feel welcome - I know you will!

St. Peter texted me from heaven the day you arrived. He asked me if I felt you deserved to enter the pearly gates. I told him absolutely! In fact I put in a good word - or more like ten,  on your behalf. I told him about all the life lessons you had taught me, such as the importance of kindness, humour, generosity, self-sufficiency, hard work, giving people the benefit of the doubt, enjoyment of good food, and the importance of family. He was suitably impressed.

The girls tell me I have your eyes, and all your mannerisms. I am delighted that they see you in me, because I noticed the same thing - and it makes me very very happy!

You were the best daddy in the world - and you better believe it! And No, it's
not the blarney, as you just whispered in my ear - it's the truth - from my heart to yours. I know we are as close as ever, even if I cannot always see you - I do feel your presence. And for that, I am deeply grateful. There will be a place at the table for you this Christmas - and every Christmas. No oceans shall ever again separate us.

Love you forever Papa Bear, and Happy Anniversary!

Patricia xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment