Friday, December 13, 2013

FRIDAY THE 13TH!

Yeah! I love Fridays, especially when they fall on the 13th of the month. I don't know why some people are iffy about that date. I hope it turns out to be a nice day for everyone. I'm planning on celebrating...

I'm meeting up with 24 of my TOPS lady pals for our annual Christmas lunch today. I plan on wearing my ever-so-daring fascinating black and red fascinator. Anita said she will wear hers - if I wear mine! Claire's were selling them off after Halloween from $24 to $6 - they look a million bucks, so I bought five to give to friends. I sent one to mother, and I am also bringing one over to my hairdresser Chantelle today, as a Christmas present, to wear to her husband's office party. Chantelle is my fabulous hairdresser from South Africa. She is the most adventurous person I know, and currently has her hair coloured a beautiful hot pink shade for Christmas. She turned 50 this year, and lives every day to the fullest. The last time we met, she was wearing a hot pink top to match her hair, teamed with a short kelly green skirt and wild patterned tights. It looked sensational. "I don't give a cat's rattle what people think!" she says with a laugh. "I do it for me - I can't live without colour" - my sentiments precisely!

It's one thing I've noticed about my older lady pals - they sure live life with gusto! I enjoy hanging out with people like that. Later, Kevin, the girls and I are going to Government House for their annual Christmas event. From 5.30 - 6.30 p.m. the house is opened to the Public. You can wander around, enjoy the decorations and Christmas ambience. Government House is where the Attorney General resides. Later, from 6.30-7.30 there will be a Christmas Carols sing-along out in the lawn. I went to that last year, and enjoyed it very much. They handed out complimentary cookies and apple cider while people sang along to Christmas songs. It is a really nice family event for young and old. Thankfully, the cold snap has passed. I will try and get some photos.

Tomorrow d.v. Kevin, the girls and I are going to see the latest 'Hunger Games' movie, with Jennifer Lawrence, who happens to be Kevin's favourite actress. I enjoyed the original movie - though I don't normally like any movies with a violent theme. I'll keep you posted.

That's about it for the weekend!

Talk Soon,

Love,

Patricia xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment