Wednesday, April 24, 2013

HAPPY 9TH BIRTHDAY CHI CHI!

 
HAPPY BIRHDAY CHI CHI!
 
When I look at the above picture, I can see a halo around her little head...
 
Chi Chi came into our life one rainy Sunday afternoon, nearly 9 years ago.
She arrived, cermoniously, like a Roman Gladiator, in the back of a dirty old pick up truck. We answered a newspaper ad and the owners arranged to meet us at a Sears car park in Calgary. Not very glamorous I`m afraid. That`s why I call her my `Sears Baby`. Sometimes when she is being rude, I think she may have tinker blood as she came without any pedigree papers, but a face so endearing it melted my heart! She growls if you come near when she is eating. Mind you, I do the same!

We were all so excited as we sat in our car waiting for her arrival. It was a dreary wet evening, made worse by our gloomy surroundings. Nothing worse than a large empty car park on a wet Sunday afternoon!! Finally, a dirty old pick up truck arrived. To an outsider, it probably looked like a sleazy drug deal. But no, it wasn`t a drug deal. It was a heart thugging deal.

Chi Chi looked adorable as the daughter of the owner held her in her arms.
I`m sure she was hoping we would say no so she could take her home again.
We were only supposed to look her over but it was love at first sight! We could not resist and did the deal. She was tiny and when we brought her home, she fit into my slipper - so darn cute.

Nine years on, she has grown to be a big girl...now that`s the problem! She is a true Taurus and loves her grub so now alas...she is on a diet and is not a happy camper! Know the feeling Chi Chi.

Tonight, because it`s her birthday...a slice of ham is going to be her treat!

Happiness is...a dog named Chi Chi!

Choo Choo from Chi Chi,

Patricia xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment