Monday, April 1, 2013

SPRING IS IN THE AIR

WELCOME TO MY HOME ONE AND ALL!

CHI CHI PEEKING OUT FROM HER FAVOURITE SPOT ON THE PORCH

 LULU BASKING IN SUNSHINE HEAVEN!!

 CHI CHI AWAITING THE EASTER BUNNY


OUR MAGNOLIA TREE NOW IN FULL AND GLORIOUS BLOOM


 THE EASTER TABLE - MY FAVOURITE ONE OF ALL!

THIS BERNARD CALLEBAUT EGG WAS DEVOURED IN SECONDS!!


GARLANDS, EASTER EGGS AND BRIGHT CHEERY FLOWERS!


This past Easter has been picture-perfect in every sense of the word. The weather was absolutely glorious and remained so for the whole long weekend. The dogs were delighted to be able to laze in the sun to their heart's content. Kevin was happy to get his fingers dirty in the garden after a long winter's break. I was thrilled to be able to eat chocolate again after my 40 days fast ended on Easter Saturday! Unfortunately, I ate so much chocolate on Saturday and Sunday, I felt sick afterwards! Oink oink!

It was the first Easter Sunday in a long time that ladies could finally wear their Easter Bonnets with joy. The fashion around town was bright, cheery and very summery. The world was at peace as everybody enjoyed the sunshine - not too hot and not too cold! (+ 18 degrees). Cyclists were out on their bikes, power walkers were happily out strutting their stuff, and the beaches were packed with families enjoying the spring sunshine.

I went to the Easter Saturday Vigil at the Cathedral as I was volunteering with the little celebration afterwards. The chrism mass was very beautiful on the 26th. Later we ladies fed about 175 people. A great time was had by all and the food was simply delicious. Nobody went home hungry! The Vigil mass was very long - just under 3 hours and I found myself getting a bit tired as it started at 8.00 p.m. People did not start to eat until around 11.00 p.m. I didn't get home until nearly 1.00 a.m. and was up again next morning at 7.30 a.m.

Our next challenge is to get our Vancouver condo furnished as the tenant is leaving early April and we can move in then - yipee!! We hope to be in for Kevin's birthday on the 19th April. I'll carry him over the threshold lol!! It will be so nice to have a little getaway place in Vancouver. We spent some time over the weekend looking at furniture, etc. Found a great entertainment centre on 'Used Victoria'. It is a nice light country French colour.

My only regret this past weekend is that I really and truly pigged out too much on the chocolate and cakes!! In fairness I was surrounded by the good stuff at the church functions and I can resist anything but temptation!

I'll have to starve myself over the next few days as we have the BIG weigh-in at TOPS on Friday next!! Tops is all about Taking Off Pounds Sensibly. KOPS is about Keeping Off Pounds Sensibly (when you reach your goal weight). As we gorged on all the fine stuff at the church party on Saturday evening, my friend Colleen told me she was on POPS - Putting on Pounds Sensibly!! LOL Way to go Colleen!!

Keep the Joy in your hearts!

Choo Choo for now,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment