Sunday, April 28, 2013

STEAL OF A DEAL!


It was a gloriously sunny day today so Kevin and I decided to head for our favourite place on the planet - The Langford Flea Market. It was the first of the season and the following are some of my finds...


What the heck are those weird looking creatures? you're probably asking yourself. For one thing they are only the height of my thumb and are hand-carved marble. These three little monkeys come with an important message - See no evil - Speak no evil - Hear no evil. And I just love them! I got them for the price of a coffee and a cookie - $5. A steal of a deal you'll agree. The poor fellow who carved them years ago would be horrified! I'll bet they took days to complete... That's the thing about flea markets - you just never know what you'll find there. I just love their simplicity and the fact they take up such little room, yet deliver a powerful message.



This little crib scene caught my eye. It was hand made in West Vancouver. It is stained glass and beautifully made. There is room for a little candle in the back of it. I lit a candle and below is what it looks like lit up. It cost me just 1 dollar!!

I got it for the condo. Can you believe? Just one dollar. Christmas is all about the birth of Christ and this little crib which cost me just 1 dollar will have pride of place on the mantlepiece in the Vancouver condo at Christmas d.v. It goes to show you don't have to pay a fortune to find happiness!!



It was thanks to Kevin that I found the above Tommy Hillfiger bag. It caught his eye and he thought I would like it - how right he was!! Exactly what I was looking for to wear travelling. It is light as a feather, capacious, stylish, and best of all I can wear it cross body. What did I pay for it? A steal-of-a-deal at $24!

Kevin got loads of plants for the garden and was happy with that - the objects-d'art he leaves to me!!

So if you want to find happiness without spending a ton of money...head for your nearest Flea Market!!

Choo Choo and happy adventures!

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment