Friday, April 5, 2013

I'M STILL HOT...

It's just it comes in flashes now... That was the message of the day delivered from the muddy end of a bus. It caught my attention. It was an ad for 'Ageless Me'. I keep my eyes peeled on car bumpers these days. You never know what you can learn - right?  Another bumper had an intriguing message... 'Karma knocked my dogma over'. Dunno about you, but I prefer the 'still hot' message, especially since I fancy the idea of an 'Ageless Me'. Ageing gracefully is high on my agenda.

It all starts in the brain...our thoughts...our attitude...our sense of fun...our joie de vivre...As you age, colour becomes so important. A vibrant scarf can reflect lovely colour to your cheeks - goodbye rouge!! I read an interesting article written by a lady who took up modelling at the age of 60. She was gorgeous, and had such a positive and inspiring attitude. 'Wear bright lipstick' she advised. 'And colour... it really lightens up your face'. I can never understand why people are so fearful of colour - both in their homes, and clothing.

Ahem...our last home was featured in 'House Beautiful' in the 'Times Colonist' this past weekend. If you're curious, you can google it. Was I ever shocked to see it!! My fantasy pink Italian Villa home with its cheery mediterranean blue window trim is now BEIGE and WHITE and BLACK! To quote the new owners.. 'We loved the house but had to look past the interesting colours'. Hello? this is an Italian Villa after all... I had a terrific designer fly down from Calgary for the colour consult and she did an amazing job - even if I say so myself!! Now it's all gone sob sob sob!! I felt an overwhelming sense of guilt that I had caused this colour desecration to Lady Sonria...wonder what she thinks? I become emotionally attached to homes and this one was sort of special and now I feel guilty for selling it to people who prefer beige... Insane I know.

For those of you readers in Victoria the house is one of ten homes featured in the 'Home Design & Renovation Tour' the weekend of the 13/14 April. (1605, Sonria Place #8 on the list). Tickets are $25 each and the proceeds all go to charity. Check out younglife.ca/victoriahome tour. I really enjoy these home tours and get great ideas! You will too.

Bright colours deliver more bang for my happiness buck. When I need people to co-operate -  out comes the lime or the orange! They don't call me 'Orangina' for nothing! I know from watching Bollywood movies I belong in India. Some of the patients in our office have even asked me to keep wearing the bright colours as it lifts their spirits. Always happy to oblige - as long as they don't ask me to dance!!

Yesterday I found myself asking myself, and Kevin 'Is it me? or do you think people are becoming more miserable and unhappy?' We have so much in our world, yet I rarely hear or see people smiling or laughing any more (except on Bollywood movies!). Sure, today's newspaper delivered a series of horror stories - too horrible to mention here.  Reading them wasn't such a smart idea. One thing I know for sure, we control our minds - and only one person can make you happy - YOURSELF! So, if you find yourself feeling dippy down and depressed with all the kraaaaaap going on in the world - Snap yourself out of it by doing just three simple things: -

LAUNDRY

SHOWER YOURSELF - TO CLEAN OFF TOXIC ENERGY

GENTLY CARESS OR WALK A PET

If all else fails, go wrap yourself in a cozy colourful blankie, find a comfy chair and treat yourself to a Bollywood movie, e.g. 'The Guru' - better again with an Indian takeaway!! The combination of bright cheery colours, uplifting happy music, and smiling joyful people will do for you - what it did for me lastnight - MAKE YOU HAPPY!!

Have a great day and a fabulous weekend!!

TGIF!

Choo Choo for now,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment