Monday, November 25, 2013

MY PAL HARRY

Harry joined our family some time ago, and it looks like he's here to stay. We meet every night when all the rest of the family are tucked cosily into bed. In case you're wondering - he is a mouse - and a very cute one at that. The first time we met, I was working on my computer and heard the patter of tiny little feet dancing around in the dining room. It's where I hide my secret stash of chocolates, biscuits, and little nibbles. When I went to investigate, I caught him red handed, and he looked at me with big guilty eyes. He was standing on his two little paws, and cowering in the corner. I said "Off with you and never let me see you here again!" - no such luck. I should never have looked into his bewitching eyes.

I have had to move Lulu's food plate, because Harry has been getting into that as well. This past weekend has been HELL! I was supposed to have started putting up the Christmas decorations, instead I spent the whole weekend exterminating. Single handedly, I fought a savage army of pests. I discovered that the dogs and Tessa the cat had fleas - as if Christmas upon us wasn't enough excitement! Between Harry and the hopping fleas, I had my hands full.

Just because I was nice to him, Harry is now getting very bold and running around the place as cheeky as you like, in broad daylight. If you are reading this, and a regular visitor to my home - Wait! until I have all my attackers demolished - otherwise you're in for some itchy little additions!

I guess it is one of the downsides of living in a very old house. Charm comes at a price - you have to share it with lots of others - beneath and above the floor boards! Victoria and Claudia were a great help. Kevin didn't know the fun he was missing. He was away painting the condo, while we were busy butchering the bugs! We went to the vet clinic and spent a whopping $140 on potions for the animals. As I said charm doesn't come cheap.

Tessa our reclusive cat has been a prisoner in the basement for the past 3 years, ever since we moved into our current house. She never came upstairs, due to 'irreconcilable differences' between herself and Chi Chi. Now that Chi Chi is blind, she can't chase her any more. So on Sunday we moved Tessa back upstairs, lock, stock, and litter box. She is so thrilled to be back in the bosom of the family, and patted her tail by way of thanks. We bathed all the animals, and then applied the costly flea killer on each of them. All is well now with our pampered pooches and pussy cat.
Hello Happiness - Goodbye fleas!
Now the question is...what do we do with Harry?

Darn! I should not have asked - as soon as I got home this evening, the first words out of Kevin's mouth were..."Guess what I caught?" He is a hunter by nature. So, I am sorry to say Adieu Harry! And hopefully, there isn't a Sally mouse in mourning!

Love,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment