Tuesday, November 26, 2013

THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!

I just love everything to do with Christmas - O.K. I did say that about Halloween only a few short weeks ago. I love Halloween too. It appeals to the witch in me. But Christmas - now that's something else! It brings out the Good Samaritan in just about everybody. "Oops, sorry for crashing into your gorgeous new silver Lexus...I was rushing to the shops!" "No worries love, it's just a car. Forget about it - it's Christmas!" - What's not to love about that? Now's the time to ask for that raise, or propose - anything really. There's a short window of opportunity - so grab it by the antlers!

Vancouver's FM 105.3 radio station is currently playing non-stop Christmas music. It's on 24/7 in my kitchen. My now flea-free pampered pets, Lulu and Chichi have requested that I keep it on. They're addicted, and it helps them tolerate each other. Tessa can hear it upstairs and pats her tail to her favourite songs. All the world is happy...except poor Harry! He got caught yesterday. I guess it was inevitable. On a more positive note, he has gone to his heavenly reward. He can eat all the peanut butter he wants to his heart's content! No traps up there. I'll miss our little midnight rendez-vous.

A friend recently introduced me to Earl Grey loose leaf tea. I am currently addicted, because I can enjoy it without a biscuit. It is so much tastier than the tea bag. I also like the ritual of using a tea pot, and tea cosy. So traditional. In a way, it is a metaphor for life. Why rush? Don't we deserve a little break now and then? Deferring gratification for three minutes, as the tea brews, only adds to the pleasure.

Talk about pleasure, the store where I purchased the Earl Grey tea was what I would call - a destination food emporium - the intoxicating aromas, copper coffee urns, spices, felafels, turkish delight, exotic teas, walnut baklavahs, hmm sumptuous. Dusty village music from far away lands transported me...I had to stop myself from doing a belly dance around the teeny tiny aisles.

Just about everything in that shop excited my taste buds - except perhaps the owner. He was a charming man, with a bit of a roving eye! When I asked him if he sold hummus, his velvety smooth reply was... "Are you going to be kissing anybody today?" (not you Mista!). I had to think about it for a second.. and then I got it - Yeah! it must have tons of garlic in it. I was given a sample, and suddenly angels appeared. It was absolutely delicious - the best ever. All that garlic will keep the vampires away until next Halloween - at least!

On that delicious note - Choo Choo for now!

Love,

Patricia xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment