Saturday, November 2, 2013

SLOW ME DOWN LORD

Signs are telling me that the next few weeks should be a time of peaceful introspection, and self-connection for each one of us. (We'll need all our energy and funds for December...right?). The planet mercury, which governs communications is currently retrograde, and will remain so until November 10th, in the deep and thoughtful sign of Scorpio. This is now the time for us to curl up in our caves, go through all our old papers, throw out anything that we have no use for in our lives, and discard.

The weather is getting colder (unless you live in more exotic locations), trees are shedding their leaves, squirrels are stocking up for hibernation, so it's time to get the fire lighting in the evening, maybe give the t.v. a little rest. Looking at the warm glowing cinders, cuddling up with a frothy hot chocolate and just sitting and reflecting. What a wonderful time to remember and pray for our loved ones, sadly no longer with us in this world.

Just last night as I was praying for my departed loved ones, (half of whom are younger than me!!) the strange thought struck me that most of my friends and loved ones, and really nice people I knew in life - are actually on the other side now! Definitely it was a sobering thought. I keep all their photos in a little photo album and I know in my heart they just LOVE to be remembered. The world feels fuller when I keep my departed friends closer to me...

With that in mind, I would like to share with you a little poem I found recently. I love the words in it, as follows:-


SLOW ME DOWN LORD

Slow me down lord.
Ease the pounding of my heart by the quieting of my mind
Steady my hurried pace with a vision of the eternal reach of time
Give me, amid the confusion of the day, the calmness of the everlasting hills.

Break the tensions of my nerves and muscles with the soothing music
of the singing streams that live in my memory.
Help me to know the magical, restoring power of sleep.

Teach me the art of taking minute vacations - of slowing down to look at a flower,
to chat with a friend, to pat a dog, to read a few lines from a good book.

Slow me down, Lord, and inspire me to send my roots deep into the soil of life's
enduring values, that I may grow toward the stars of my greater destiny.


                                                *********
So stick that kettle on now, and make yourself a nice soothing cup of tea!

Enjoy!

Love,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment