Wednesday, February 25, 2015

BOOK OF VIRTUES

Today marks the completion of Week 1 of my Lenten journey. I am so happy that I have managed to keep on track with my goals - for once!! - but there are 3 longs weeks to go yet and the Devil is mighty busy this time of the year. The supermarket is a shrine of aromatic Easter eggs, but I'm like a horse and just keep looking straight ahead - away from the danger zone!

Today I will share some beautiful words with you from the Book of Virtues which resonate with me... Hope you enjoy as much as I do!

There are some who drift out in the deserts of doubt
And some who in brutishness wallow;
There are others, I know, who in piety go
Because of a Heaven to follow.
But to labour with zest, and to give of your best,
For the sweetness and joy of the giving
To help folks along, with a hand and a song
Why, there's the real sunshine of living.

Carry on! Carry on!
Fight the good fight and true
Believe in your mission, 
Greet life with a smile
There's big work to be done
and that is why you are here, so
Carry on! Carry on!
Let the world be the better for you
And at last when you die, let this be your cry
Carry on my soul! Carry on!

Love it!

Hugs and kisses,

Polly P xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment