Thursday, February 19, 2015

DAY 2...WORRIES...LET GO LET GOD.

"Do not be anxious about your life, what you shall eat, nor about your body, what you shall put on."
                                                  Luke 12:22


                              Our mantra for today is 'LET GO LET GOD'

Lack of control is one of life's greatest stressors. By control, I mean worrying about other people and situations over which you have zero control. The only person you can control is yourself, though that's easier said than done. If we could only just control our thoughts, how easy life would be. As acclaimed writer James Joyce put it "we have too many thinks." Notice how many times I used the word 'control'? We want it SO badly. Let me tell you, friends -- Faith is the only thing that gives me a sense of control in my life. Because when life gets out of control, there is absolutely nothing you can do but 'LET GO LET GOD'.  

In his book The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle advises us to simply focus on the NOW: "As soon as you honour the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease." It is when you are in the state of 'nowness' as I like to call it, that you can properly connect with the Divine. The Divine needs a quiet mind for a proper connection.

On this the second day of your spiritual journey, spend a few moments observing the way your thoughts can meander in a menacing way. It could be that phone call you just received, or some bad news about a relative, or frustration with the collapse of your New Year's resolutions -- whatever! Thoughts are like fleas, there to bug you! Write down your 3 biggest concerns. Could the burden be a little lighter if you asked the Lord to help you carry it? Take a deep breath when you find the wiggly worries worming their way into your private territory without your permission! Just like friends, try and be a little bit more selective about the thoughts you invite into your private space.

You may wish to write in a journal during this time, and document how that tiny mustard seed of faith is beginning to grow...and grow...and grow. It takes time, and effort. But it's very much worth the effort.

Prayer has the power to move mountains, and many a mountain of worry it has moved! Faith has caused miracles to happen. The deeper you put yourself into the prayer moment, the greater your spiritual high will be. These 40 days will surprise you. Pray for inspiration, and help to develop your faith. As I say over and over and over again, "God is Good."

Prayer for Day 2:

'Lord I repent of all my worrying and fretting! I know that it blocks your Power.
Please help me to place all my trust in you. I leave these worries....(mention them here) in your care. I know you will do what is right. There is nothing that you nor I cannot handle together. Thank you for helping me place all my trust and cares in you'.

                                                     'LET GO LET GOD'

No comments:

Post a Comment