Saturday, February 21, 2015

DAY 4 - BEDSIDE READING

Day 4 of Lent is upon us, and so far so fabulous! Going off sweets has been a breeze because they poisoned me with sugar over in Cuba, and it will take me weeks to get it all out of my system - just as well!!

Anyway, back to the holy part. I'm really getting into the Lenten groove this time (sure, I know I have the zeal of a convert!). I'm going to daily mass, saying a daily rosary, and the spiritual momentum is joyfully building up. I scoured all the nooks and crannies in the house where I put books I intend reading one day. I found some great soul searching gems, including:

Care of the Soul and Meditations by Thomas Moore

Power Thoughts - 365 Daily Inspirations for Winning the Battle of the Mind by Joyce Meyer

100 Days of Grace for Women - author unknown

Anam Cara by John O'Donohue and Benedictus, also by John O'Donohue

Everyday Grace and A Course in Miracles - both by Marianne Williamson

A Year of Spirituality by Ingrid Collins

The Power of the Heart by Baptist De Pape

Living in Gratitude by Angeles Arrien

The Rosary - The Prayer That Saved My Life by Immaculee Ilibagiza 


The above books I bought gradually over the past few years, and some were given to me as gifts. I really enjoy them because you can dip in and out of them with relative ease, and get great bang for your spiritual buck! I love the work of John O'Donohue and Marianne Williamson. These are books you can read over and over again, or simply waltz into as the spirit moves you. Just having these powerful books around me in my 'Sanctuary' helps me focus. 

So that's about the size of it for today! If you're joining me on this journey, let me know how you're doing!

Hugs,

Polly P xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment