Tuesday, February 24, 2015

FAITH IS FORGIVENESS

Fr. David delivered the homily at mass today. He is young, enthusiastic and everybody loves him. Prior to joining the priesthood, he worked in the hospitality industry, and also studied Philosophy, so he has a lot to say about the world we live in today. I consider him the Dr. Phil of the church - he would laugh if he heard me say that!

Today's topic was about forgiveness, and the importance of doing things for God which were beyond our comfort zone. Before we even tackle the big task of forgiveness, we must busy ourselves with lots of good deeds - even if we don't feel appreciated or acknowledged for our efforts - Do it anyway, because that is what God wants us to do.

Forgiveness, he acknowledged is not easy, especially when the person who hurt you made you feel so insignificant, and hurt you deeply. We must do it nonetheless. In doing so, we find grace and will have a sense of peace in our hearts, which is what God wants for all of us - Peace.

So, in the spirit of Peace and Reconciliation, I would like to share a little prayer about Healing and Forgiveness. I have given it to people and they have found it very helpful. May it bring comfort and peace to you.

                      HEALING PRAYER AT BEDTIME

Jesus, through the power of the Holy Spirit go back into my memory as I sleep.
Every hurt that has ever been done to me...heal that hurt.
Every hurt that I have ever caused to another person...heal that hurt.
All the relationships that have been damaged in my whole life that I am aware of
...heal those relationships.
But Lord, if I need to go to a person because he is still suffering from my hand,
bring to my awareness that person.
I choose to forgive, and I ask to be forgiven.
Remove whatever bitterness may be in my heart, Lord,
and fill the empty spaces with your love.

AMEN

Keep the above prayer by your bedside, it will help you have a peaceful night's sleep!

Hugs,

Polly P xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment