Saturday, February 21, 2015

DAY 5 - GRADUAL GROWTH

I am dipping into the wisdom of that feisty woman of faith - Joyce Meyer. You should google her, and listen to her speak. I think you will enjoy her as much as I do.

I reached for Joyce's book today - Power Thoughts - Daily inspirations, as I felt I could do with some inspiration for winning the battle of the mind, as she so amusingly puts it! Life is a daily struggle requiring immense discipline to stay on track with all our demands - housework and home maintenance, car maintenance, bills, accounting, cooking, diet and exercise, animals, garden, groceries, career, family - the list is endless. There are so many demands and not enough time.

Prayer, sadly gets dropped to the end of the list because God does not make any demands, yet the day I start with a prayer, is frequently the best day, and I sleep a lot better when I end the day on a prayer. But I don't always do this. I should know better, so hopefully this Lenten journey will put some sense into me!

I feel guilty that I am not doing enough good in the world; that I should be doing more charity work, but Joyce Meyer re-assures me that God operates on the principle of "gradual growth" - things changing little by little. Rather than focusing on how far you will have to go, recognize instead how far you have come. Staying positive will help you in all areas of life.

Power Thought:  It is God's will for me to have peace and not confusion.

Hugs,

Polly P xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment