Thursday, September 6, 2012

B.F.N.

Bye for now! I'm on the ferry bound for Vancouver Airport. Unfortunately we missed the 3.00 pm sailing by a mere 2 cars!! When the lady at the ticket booth said 'Proceed to lane 8' my heart sank! Number 8's don't usually work for me. That's why I tend to avoid them at the supermarket as well.
I'm not the only 'number freak'. One day I met a man in the supermarket who told me he only ever goes to checkout number 5! Why? I asked him. "Because five is my lucky number!"

We didn't have the luxury of choice at the ferry terminal. You go where you're sent, and speedily! I knew darn! we ain't going to get on this ferry. No, it wasn't wish fulfillment! It's going to be really tight at the airport. They like you to be there at least 2 hours before an International flight. Fingers and toes crossed. If I'm back blogging tomorrow, you'll know I missed my flight!

I decided at the last minute not to bring my computer because it was too heavy, and if my trips to Ireland are like they always are - I will not have a second to open it! My darling daughters Ali and Vicky are going to do some guest blogs. I just loved their recent blog on Fall fashions, and the top colours for the season. I have managed to keep my promise to myself not to buy one single piece of clothing, bags, bling or shoes! I want to see for myself if I can do it for a whole year, without going krazeeeeee! So far so wonderful! The secret is to stay away from the shops!! Mind you I do go with the girls to browse around, and get ideas for the 'in-look'.

Thanks to the girls' fashion advice, I now know what colours are 'hot' for Fall. When I get back from Ireland the last week of September, d.v. I shall put away all my summer gear (love this little seasonal ritual), and bring up all my Fall/Winter stuff from the basement. I have all the colours - brown, burnt orange, burgundy, mustard and blue to carry me through Fall. I'll put away all my turquoise jewellery as I tend not to wear it during the winter - unless we are joyfully going to Hawaii or some other suitable exotic place! I replace the turquoise with my amber collection. I just LOVE amber. I think it looks especially gorgeous during the Autumn. It matches the landscape outside with its warm golden hues.

Well the ferry is chugging along nicely. Darn! I just remembered some items I forgot to pack. As Kevin says - as long as you have your passport and visa, you'll be fine! Yeah! men don't wear make up or have need for anti-ageing creams!! Yes I did pack those, I just forgot some glam bits and pieces. I'll survive! The question is...will I survive the amazing fashion stores in Ireland? Time will tell...!!

So choo choo my friends until we chat again soon!

Polly hugs, and don't forget your rules for the road!!

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment