Tuesday, September 25, 2012

HEIDI HI FROM SUNNY VICTORIA!

I started these new vitamins I bought in Dublin and hell! or rather heaven... there's something mighty potent goin' down inside because my energy levels are surprisingly good considering I only got back from Ireland on Sunday evening. Normally I would be tired for a few days but my rhythms kicked in automatically. I was back sitting in my desk at the office yesterday morning after walking the dogs and driving Victoria to  UVIC and stocking up on groceries.

One of our patients spends half the year in Japan and the other half in Victoria. She was back at the office yesterday after her trip to Japan and was shocked when I told her I had returned from Ireland the evening before. "Whaaaaaaaaat? you just got in last night from Ireland?" "Yeah..." "Are you not exhausted?" "Not really" (Maybe it's all that Irish and Parisien chocolate I had been eating, and the new vitamins). "It takes my husband and I at least a week to turn ourselves around after we get back from Japan" she continued, looking at me in a way that made me feel like Superwoman!

That evening I cooked three different meals - lamb stew for Kevin - vegetarian pasta for Ali and Vicky, and seafood chowder for Kevin and me. I sampled from all three meals, which were very different in flavour, but all good, even if I say so myself!! The chowder, sadly, did not taste as good as the one I had in Ireland. I don't think I put in enough salty fish and also I eliminated the fried salty rashers of bacon in the recipe. It was good, but not greattt! Maybe the ambience of the 'Old Ground Hotel' in Ennis added to the charm of the Irish chowder!

I began thinking about my conversation with the lady back from Japan. Normally I would be exhausted for the first few days, and this last trip wasn't really a holiday... I was cooking, washing and waiting on my elderly parents morning, noon and sometimes night. So why was I not exhausted? I should be, all things considered. Then I had a 'Eureka' moment! Seeing my elderly parents struggling with old age...the depression of it all...the sad deaths of 3 men in Northern Ireland who fell into a slurry pit on their farm trying to save the family dog...the untimely deaths of two young honours college graduates in Ireland after a night's celebration (with cocaine)...it all went into my brain and was sitting there stewing away on my long flight back home.

The result...LIFE IS FOR LIVING...Yes! Enjoy every bleedin' moment cause old age is not the most fun time of life... While you can walk, talk, enjoy yourself - JUST DO IT!

On that positive note, Cheery Byes... Now let me get out of this bed of mine and greet the day with a smile! 

Love ya!!

Polly Hugs,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment