Saturday, September 29, 2012

T.M.S.I.

They found the killer of that lovely 29 year old Irish girl Jill Meagher who was murdered in Melbourne a week ago. Like her husband, we were all hoping for better news, i.e. that she was still alive. What a brutal and sad finale to her Australian dream. Sometimes it is hard to accept the evil that exists out there. They also found the murderer of a Chinese girl whose corpse was found in a suitcase. It was her boyfriend. Now it's one thing buying a suitcase for your holidays...yet another matter for disposing of a body. Aagh TMSI (too much sad information).

Ideally, I would like to blindfold and deafen myself to the nastiness 'out there', but it is unrealistic. Sure I know there is also a lot of good going on, but for some reason the bad stuff hits you like a snowball in the face, and leaves you numb for a while. It is just the sheer sadness and futility of it all...

O.K. Since we're on a positive thinking train of thought...I should get back on track, shouldn't I? Before I do, let's all remember these poor girls in our prayers tonight.

Good stuff? Yes there was lots in the past few days. For one thing I discovered, much to my delight that we had blackberries in our garden. Strange I had never noticed them before. It's like they appeared out of nowhere. We enjoyed a rich harvest of the most delicious berries with yummy creamy yogurt for the past two days.

Other good stuff? Yes, amidst all the doom and gloom, the radio told of some positive developments on the kindness front. A school in Victoria has begun a new venture called 'Waves of Kindness'. It involves the distrubution of apples and kindness among students, in an effort to combat bullying in schools. It may seem small, but it's a start! Some schools distribute anti-bullying badges for the students to wear, while others offer free hugs and smiles...Call me soppy, but I like all these efforts to make our world a nicer place.

More good news... I found a $5 dollar bill in the mall yesterday. It was waiting for me. I should buy a lotto ticket. Instead I treated myself to a 'free' Starbucks. It was a coffee from heaven!!

Any other good news? Yes, I scrubbed the bejazus out of my bathroom today - shower - sink - floor - toilette - the whole shebang! Kevin says it seems a shame to have to use it since it's so clean and all. I agree. Maybe from now on we'll use the girls bathroom...

Best news of all!! The girls have just arrived into my bedroom with a McFlurry for me from MacDonalds. It's a reward for all the hard work I did today. Better go and enjoy it. Tough job but somebody has to do it!!

Cheery bye bye for now!

Love ya!

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment