Tuesday, October 9, 2012

DEO GRATIAS!

Thanksgiving turned out to be very pleasant, despite the fact there was just Kevin, Alexandra and myself. Victoria was in Vancouver and Claudia in New Zealand. Ali had to work part of it, but she had Saturday off and we enjoyed a lovely walk by the beach after checking out the newly opened Oak Bay Beach Hotel, and Kate's Cafe (yummy food  there). The weather has been just glorious - sunshine every day since July and now people are praying for rain for the gardens. Be careful what you wish for!!

One of the items on my 'to-do' list for the weekend was to take all the summer clothes down to the basement, and bring up all the Autumn/Winter ones. I didn't want the good weather to feel I was rushing it, so decided not to tempt fate, I'll wait until the leaves are down. Kevin re-potted some of the flowers in the garden and brought them in for the winter. Being the passionate gardener, he didn't want to take any chances with Jack frost.

Sunday we went hog wild, or to re-phrase - 'Movie Mad'. The day stretched before us long and lovely and free! We did the usual  Sunday stuff - Mass, Brunch, Movie, Lyle's Music Shop, Starbucks and then... yet another movie!! We went to see Liam Neeson's 'Taken 2' and then later that day saw 'The Queen of Versailles'. I would definitely recommend the latter.

'Taken 2' kept me rooted to the seat with all the excitement, but too many crazy car chases, and not enough subtle plot. 'The Queen of Versailles' was described as a 'Shakespearean tragedy of epic dimensions'. It's a  documentary which uncovers the virtues and flaws of the American Dream as it follows a billionaire couple's tragic riches to rags story. I definitely will not have Lulu or Chichi displayed in a glass case once they go to doggy heaven, as the Queen of Versailles did! Compulsive viewing which will make you laugh and cry all at the same time.

All in all a great weekend. I found more lucky money on the street when I was out walking the dogs ($10 bill)...I definitely should buy a lotto ticket! I have a jar and keep all the random money I find in it and call it my 'luck money'. I keep the jar in the money zone of the house, as determined by a Feng Shui expert I consulted...hmm I'm waiting and waiting...and Yes! the amount going out  FAR exceeds the amount coming in! Wish I could say the same about my calorie intake!!

Terrific Tuesday is half way there, and Wonderful Wednesday is waiting to say Hello! Marvelous Monday did not disappoint, nor did Super Sunday or Sensational Saturday for that matter (this is a new positive thinking trick I'm trying out!!). They say it makes for a better day...

Choo Choo, and enjoy a 'Wonderful Wednesday' - nothing less is acceptable, right?

Patricia xxx

Choo Choo!

No comments:

Post a Comment