Friday, October 12, 2012

HIGH FIVE FRIDAY


So many things touched my heart this week. The beauty of the changing seasons from summer to fall... Some of the trees are spectacular and their colours can be glimpsed below on my new hall console table. In addition the note and gift from a patient which also made my heart sing...Not forgetting the sweet surprise of finding the  $10 dollar bill on the street! and the red apples from a patient's garden...I also got a kick from the following:-


MY NEW HALL CONSOLE TABLE

Isn't it fun? This little table provides a cozy bed for home and car keys, as well as heralding in the season that is! We finally found each other after years of searching!



SURPRISE SURPRISE!

This beautiful present arrived in the post yesterday and made my day! It was a thank-you present from cousin Simone for an astrological report I did for her and her charming new beau. It arrived clothed in my favourite colours orange and pink. The scarf is exquisite! The art work (painted by Simone) even more beautiful in real-life, and the photos of my mum and dad were such a lovely reminder of my recent trip home. All deserving of a high-five this week!


THE THANK YOU CARD

It's not just the card with my name over the shop - It's the shop! My parents had one exactly like the one on the card. The Post Office was on the left side, and the grocery shop on the right. It was painted lilac. The card brought back SO many wonderful memories of childhood. The original photo was from Co. Waterford, Ireland circa 1910's. Wasn't that a fancy hairdressers for the time?

IF YOUR BREATH IS BROKE, WRENCH MINTS WILL FIX IT!

I bought these mints in a dusty old hardware store, run by men who looked like they had never seen a woman in their life! When I went in to collect a part I had ordered, it felt like I was walking into a male-only pub in Alice Springs, Australia! Dah! Whatch doin' here woman? 'The store of a thousand parts' and the mints with their catchphrase gave me lots of laughs - if your breath is broke wrench mints will fix it!


THE BEST COVER UP FOR GREY HAIRS

I discovered this miracle cover up in the drug store yesterday. It is fantastic. You just apply it like you would a lipstick. In fact it looks just like a lipstick. Perfect christmas stocking filler for ladies 'of certain age'. Way better than the mascara-type one I tried another time. And yes, you're right! That's me in the picture lol.





No comments:

Post a Comment