Saturday, October 20, 2012

FABULOSA FALL!

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Autumn, or Fall as they call it here in Canada. Yesterday when I was out doing my power walk on the chip trail, and later walking the dogs in Government House, I found this assortment of leaves,  - I kid you not - they are all real!! I know hard to believe, isn't it? Just look at the colours and variety of leaves. No two are the same. Armed with this visual stimulation, I used it to pull out similar colours from my wardrobe.



LEAVES UP CLOSER


So while Kevin is happy washing his records, Lulu and Chichi busy snoozing, Tessa in the basement, and the girls doing their thing, this is how I entertained myself - putting some Fall outfits together. The outfit below is a three quarter length bone coloured linen dress, teamed with a nice heavy jacket. I think it blends in nicely with the autumn foliage!


This is actually one of my favourite of the Fall outfits. It is a Jacob 2-piece silk knee length skirt and sleeveless top. The cardigan has wide sleeves, which make it look almost like a cape. Can you pick this colour out from the leaves? Bet you can! I bought this cozy ensemble last year in the sales, and it looks as good as the day I bought it.



This outfit looks better on, than off! The cardigan is actually only a small size and was given to me by Ali who bought it last year, and never wore it. It looks great with cream pants, belted and worn with this multicoloured Ralph Lauren top inside. Love love love Amber jewellery, especially this time of year!


This Ralph Lauren dress is also one of my favourite Fall items. It is so comfortable to wear, and is knee length. I have got loads of wear from the matching cardigan. I just love Ralph Lauren. He is the only one for me! And his clothes last foreverrrrrr!! The fabric is such good quality. I only buy Ralph when it's on sale. It doubles the pleasure!


There goes that versatile Ralph top again. It has so many nice fall colours in it. This time I teamed it with an olive coloured pashmina. I have the same cotton pashmina in several colours, and get loads of wear from them. I wore the lime green and orange version a lot over the summer, as well as the white one. For winter I have a purple and black one. Secret...I bought them on the ferry to Vancouver!


I pulled this little two-piece silk ensemble from the archives. It looks nicer on. It has a long, slim and fitted skirt, and thankfully the top is long! otherwise my tum tum would not look so happy!! I wear it with a belt, and teamed it with this pashmina which I got last year. It looks great with my knee high burgundy boots.


This two-piece brown top and pants has got oodles of wear from its owner. I felt this silk scarf which I got from my lovely God-daughter Eloise looks great with it. She bought it in Thailand. The beads are vintage glass from Germany. Naturally...I got them from the flea market!


Claudia bought me this sharp cardigan for my birthday at Zara. It looks way better on, as does the cotton top, and matching pants inside it. I love it, though the pants are a tad tight...just as well the cardigan is loose!


That's about it for now. What fun! Don't you agree, the colours of all these outfits are in harmony with the beautiful Fall foliage?

I'll finish with a poem by one of my favourite poets - Patience Strong. It captures the season!

THE LAST DANCE

When the yellow leaves are falling from the tattered trees
they seem to dance a measure to the music of the breeze 
...Twirling, swirling, whirling wildly up and down the lane;
you hear the swishing of their skirts against the window pane.

The last gay frolic of the leaves; their last mad revelry;
the last fandango of delight; the final ecstasy...
Dancing at the doors of winter as the year grows old -
Covering the grave of Summer with a cloth of gold.

Choo Choo! Tomorrow I will tell you about the dream that came true for me today...

Polly Hugs,

Patricia xxx

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the last outfit!!! They're all gorgeous though- nobody does autumn like you, mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you baba! So glad you like them. When you come back to Canada d.v. you will miss reading my blogs haha!!

      Delete