Monday, October 22, 2012

MARVELLOUS MONDAY!

Yesterday was so busy I didn't get a chance to tell you about Saturday, and the dream that came true for me. For years I've been a BIG fan of Raffi, the children's advocate and entertainer. Check him out at http://www.raffinews.com/. He has opened up a big centre for honouring children on Salt Spring Island, which is just a ferry journey away from Victoria. This Saturday I got a VIP ticket to his show, and had the pleasure of meeting him in person! Yeah! The concert was so much fun and we were all bopping and hopping and clapping our hands, and making lots of happy noise. Later I got chatting with Raffi, and he gave me a huge hug (he's sooooo sweet!). I gave him a copy of my child honouring book, 'Children of the Stars' and he was thrilled to bits. Yeps! that was something I had wanted to do since I published my book in 2008, and Saturday it happened. And it was as goose bumping good as I had hoped it would be!

I came home on a high, and cooked the most delicious vegetarian shepherd's pie for the family. It was so yummy. It was the second of two new recipes I tried out this weekend. The other was a slow cooker meal - Chicken Cacciatore. I'll share those two recipes with you tomorrow  - Tasty Tuesday!

Today was marvellous because I saved the life of a little puppy. When I was coming home from my walk, a tiny little black puppy caught my eye. He looked lost, and could easily be knocked down. I stopped the car and when I opened the door, he literally jumped into my arms, shaking and frightened. He was sooooo cute! He had no collar on him, and looked like a very young stray. My instinct was to bring him home with me, until reality pinched me. He would drive Lulu and Chichi insane with jealousy. And besides, this little puppy may belong to somebody. So, there I was, holding this cute little puppy who is licking my face, and not knowing what to do with him.

I looked at all the houses around me. He could belong anywhere. I was drawn to a house with several cars around it. Puppy and I rang the bell, paws crossed!! A pleasant young girl opened the door, and thanked me profusely "He belongs to the folks downstairs" she said, and I could see she loved this little fellow as she gently took him from me. I knew puppy was in safe hands.

I drove home, delighted I had knocked on the right door! The rest of the day was marvellous (It is Monday after all!) and now as I write, I'm listening to the 3rd, and final debate between Romney and Obama, and I am hoping...that 'my guy' wins!! We'll know soon...?? It will be exciting!! Now my cup runneth over...Dancing with the Stars is about to begin...LOVE that show! Gotta go!

Choo Choo 'til tasty Tuesday!!

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment