Monday, November 19, 2012

MONDAY MUSINGS

Life is much more fun when you tune into the 'Happy' station. Let's face it, there are a ton of things out there eminently capable of bringing you down - if you let them! I don't - enooo! I don't want to hear about wars, violence, cruelty, starvation, tsunamis, earthquakes, worries, etc. There is nothing I can do about them. I do give to charity, and the rest is up to God.

Worries beyond my control go in one ear, and OUT the other. I don't give them a chance to take a seat and feel comfortable in my headspace. I'm very unsociable, especially when it comes to entertaining negativity - Which is why I was really disappointed at the last two big box movies - Batman and James Bond - what's gone wrong with the world of escapism? Batman and Bond have gone bats - if you'll excuse the pun. Did you see them? Miserable they were.

We eventually got to see the new Bond movie yesterday. We were half an hour early, yet the cinema was almost full. People were clearly excited to see it, but unfortunately, I found it dark and depressing. Sure, there was all the characteristic violence, horror, murder and mayhem. Bond always had a bit of that, but it was usually balanced with a generous helping of charm, glamour, romance, fashion, and gorgeous women to offset the boystuff.

I didn't like the setting of either movie. Instead of Monte Carlo or Paris, they gave us rat-infested gutters, smelly tunnels, and bombed out derelict buildings. Moody stuff. What's fun about that? I ended up exhausted from all the fighting and car chases. I'm a terrible back seat driver. Movies are supposed to 'move us'. We need our escapism, fantasy, beautiful scenery, luxurious destinations, fabulous fashion, and happy foot-tapping music - right? When you leave the cinema, the least we deserve is a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Sorry Mr. Bond - you left me shaken and stirred - but not happily so.

Since we're on a happiness train-of-thought, we need to surround ourselves with positive people, and be aware of any person, or situation that threatens our peace of mind - right? I prefer feeling happy, joyful and optimistic. The more I behave, and think in a positive manner, it becomes like a habit - a good habit. Pollyanna is never far away, and I'm so glad I began this project. My very favourite quotation is from Dr. Seuss. Whenever I want to do something I have never done before, I remember his words...

'Those who mind don't matter...and those who matter don't mind'. Which translates to - your friends are going to love you no matter what!

On that positive note Choo Choo for now!

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment