Wednesday, November 14, 2012

RUSHIN'...

I remember years ago as a Catholic growing up in Ireland, we would pray for Russia - Russia? I know it sounds insane now, and I would wonder to myself 'Why Russia?'. Why not Africa where people were starving? or countries where cows had more status than women? I felt there were more deserving causes than Russia. I still have those old prayers where we would pray 'for Russia' with love.

Today, I had 40 minutes to kill, while Alexandra completed her eye exam. Rather than sit in a crowded waiting room, reading ancient, smelly magazines, I decided to cross the street to Starbucks and enjoy a nice creamy cappuccino -why not? It was there I had the light bulb moment about Russia. I believe somewhere along the prayerway to heaven, there was a typo. I think what they meant us to pray for was 'RUSHIN'. You see every time I find myself 'rushin', I do myself an injury.

Take last Monday when I was Rushin' to get to see the new Bond movie, I wasn't paying enough attention to the moment, and I fell - a whopper of a fall! - on my back, and banged my head off the ground...ooh!! the pain of it, which still lingers today. The first thing I did was a wordsearch, to check if my brain was still intact. I even searched the ground to see if there were any loose parts from me - it was that bad!

Then today again, I was rushin' to get Ali to her appointment on time...and in my haste, I closed the office door on my hand...aagh the PAIN of it was insane! What was even more insane is the fact we were waiting...and waiting...and waiting - at least 35 mins. for the eye doctor! So I really didn't need to rush after all, did I?

What I say makes sense, and since we 'Pollyanna Pals' are on this happiness journey together, we need to STOP RUSHIN' - Right? That way there will be no more fender-benders, high blood pressure, painful falls, broken ankles, etc. etc. and the list goes on.

I'm feeling sorry for myself, and next time I find myself praying for Russia, I'll take the time to correct myself!

Choo Choo Pollyanna Pals - NO  RUSHIN'

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment