Monday, November 12, 2012

THE GIRL IS BACK!

My home is now alive with the sound of music, laughter and stories...adventures in OZ and NZ ...suitcases full of presents...discarded wrapping paper...excited puppies...new amazing beauty products that were purchased 'over there'...goodbye cards 'to Claudia' with beautiful words from teachers and students...colourful coffee table  books bringing New Zealand into our home - "just like being there" Kevin said in sheer delight as he turned the glossy pages...photos...memories...fashion from afar...gratitude in my heart...and
BOY am I glad to have her home SAFELY!!

When I saw her standing there at the airport, my first reaction was 'Lord thank you for bringing her back safely to me'. I just could not stop saying it over and over again to myself. I guess I must have been worried! Most mothers are, when their loved one is far away. The news of that lovely Irish girl murdered in Australia a few weeks ago, and another Irish girl living in Victoria, who died in a tragic accident in Auckland NZ recently, didn't help ease my concern... Right to the last minute, I'd ask Vicky 'Have you heard from Claudia? Did she get on the plane? I know it sounds INSANE...but my biggest concern was that she would get into the taxi of a 'weirdo' and he would...enuff Mrs.!!

It goes back to the time I stepped into a taxi in Dublin years ago, and the taxi driver put his hand on my thigh!! That was the first and LAST time I was foolish enough to get into the front seat of a taxi!!

When I think of all the adventures I got up to in my lifetime, I can now totally understand what my own mother went through - God love her! The adventures of my girls are totally tame in comparison to what mine were like - seriously! Whot was I thinking? Hitchhiking all around Europe...travelling on 4th class trains around Northern Africa...working on a Kibbutz on the Lebanese border with the smell of gunfire in the air...cycling alone in the middle of nowhere in Israel...passing truckloads of hissing Arab men...living in battlethick Northern Ireland, having Orangemen (who hate Catholics) as my 'not so friendly' neighbours...If I knew then what I know now - Would I do it all again? YES YES YES - I'm frickin' Insane for adventure...And trust me - God willing, I've lots more adventuring years ahead of me d.v.

Talk about adventure, we're all heading off to see the new James Bond movie today. Adele sings the theme song, and it's fantastic! Love it. Check it out sometime...

Choo Choo for now, and PLEASE make yourself happy today - ANYTHING!
Go for a Starbucks, chat up a charming Veteran and MAKE HIS DAY!!

Love you!

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment