Friday, November 23, 2012

AU REVOIR FOR A FEW WEEKS...

Hi Polly Pals,

The journey has taken a new twist. My dad has declined rapidly since I saw him in September. I'm now praying he will stay with us until I get to Ireland on Wednesday next. Prayers and good wishes will not go to waste! To be honest, I was expecting this, and the way the planets were playing out, I was braced for sudden upheaval. Yesterday I was planning our christmas party, and today planning for dad's funeral. A bit surreal, and I know it will not hit me until I get to Ireland. On the positive side, I will have Claudia travel with me, and Ali and Victoria will look after Kevin and the animal kids until we return d.v.

Keeping with the positive train of thought, I had a great visit with dad in September. He looked at me and said "I know who you are. I love you". We had a lovely visit and I feel so grateful for that. We can always fool ourselves here in Canada and think he is still well, and busy gardening over in Ireland, and we'll be none the wiser! Right? Like most men, dad didn't really like talking on the phone. We'd chat for a few minutes and then he'd say "I'll put you on to your mother now, and you can tell her all the news and she'll tell me...God bless...when will we see you again?"

You'd never know...it's all in God's hands now. Dad could rally round, and it's not beyond a miracle! It's at times like this I find my faith in God comes in really handy, and my firm belief that our loved ones never leave us... In fact, I'll probably feel his spirit even closer.

Have a great Christmas, and we'll touch base before too long again!

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment