Wednesday, November 7, 2012

SO SORRY MITT!!


I am in mourning for my darling Mitt. So I needed a BIG laugh today. Ali & Vics superlative blog provided me with a much-needed chuckle. I'm sharing their jokes below. Maybe like me, you need something to lift you haha!!


mormon'!



Haha




The election is going to the dogs! Mutt Romney vs. Bark Obama! www.petsvote.com


O.K. all you Obama lovers...you won!! It would appear the astrological predictions all those months ago were correct - who am I to fight fate? It was written in the stars. I knew it, but I still hoped for once the planets would get it wrong!! Darn they can be so annoying, especially when you want them to deliver different news...

Wonder if I could have told Mitt in good time, would he have listened to me, and saved himself all that trouble for nothing? The millions spent on the campaign could have gone to charity instead. The big mistake he made was his choice of VP. Political sages said this was his 'Waterloo', and that he should have gone with the Latino candidate. Had he done this, then he could have won the election. But then the planets would have been wrong. There is such a thing as fate, and one cannot fault Mitt on the effort he put in.

Anyway, 'twas not meant to be...The only consolation for me in all of this is that I do prefer Michelle Obama to Ann Romney. She has a natural down-to-earth warmth about her. Barack is cold and distant, Michelle is warm and natural. Mitt is warm, Ann is cold. Bill Clinton is warm, Hillary is cold. I guess it's a case of opposites attract. Certainly that was the case in the love story between the late Robert Kennedy and his wife Ethel. I watched the documentary on t.v. tonight and it was truly fascinating. Ethel was left a young widow. The youngest of her 11 children was born a few months after Bobby was shot. They were clearly madly in love. She was the consummate extrovert, while he was the introvert, helped greatly by her more outgoing manner.

People marvelled at Ethel's ability to bounce back from adversity, time after time. Her son David died from a drug overdose in his 20's, and another son died in a skiing accident in his 30's. Throughout all this tragedy, she has remained poised, and in control. Her secret? Apparently it is her strong devotion to God that has helped her battle life's adversities, so her children said. She is never without a rosary beads in her hands. Am I surprised? No. Ethel Kennedy's life story is as inspiring as the lady herself.

Tomorrow I am helping out with a Rememberance Day function at St. Andrew's Cathedral. I decided to offer my services. They were looking for volunteers to help with the food and party preparation. My friend Colleen is going to help me. It was the perfect volunteer position for me. I love preparing and serving food, and it is always fun meeting the other parishioneers in our church. We will do 1-2 functions per month. It is only 2-3 hours twice a month. Volunteering was on my bucket list for the Pollyanna Project. The next event will be on the 30th November. Wish me luck!!

Choo Choo for now!

Patricia xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment