Friday, January 11, 2013

A VIRTUOUS CYCLE

Thank you Polly Pals for all the positive feedback I've been receiving since boarding the Pollyanna Train of thought last July... It's been quite the journey!! I am thrilled you are enjoying it as much as I am. When you spread good cheer it has the boomerang effect of returning to base. Similarly, if  you go around being miserable you find yourself surrounded by miserable people - not fun!!

I buy my calendars after christmas to enjoy the 50% off  buzz. I couldn't resist getting the 'Don't Sweat the Small Stuff' desk calendar. Every day is chock full of useful tips and thoughts to ponder on. My wall calendar in the office is large, colourful and surprisingly cheerful. This month features two delightful love birds with hues of yellow, lime, crimson, cobalt blue and the words LOVE JOY PEACE filling the page. When I am working on my computer in the office, it makes me happy looking at it. Since our office is a Psychiatrist's office, we get to see a lot of unhappy folk and keeping positive is non-negotiable!! I've been doing it for 20  years now and over the years have come to the realization that 99%  of people's problems are family related. Which is why today's words of wisdom from my delicious 'Don't Sweat the Small Stuff' calendar has to be shared:-

"Let's be honest. Being part of a family is a privilege and certainly rewarding, but it can also be a little difficult, even when things are going well. If you want to have an effective, loving experience of family, you must learn to be patient and to not let the little things drive you crazy and take over your life".

Some words of wisdom to chew on...

Cheers and keep writing in that Polly Wolly Happy Diary!!

Patricia xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment